IPTV problems with Windows / 4.8.3.0??

SHibbard

SHibbard

I updated from 4.7.14.0 to 4.8.3.0 on 6-Mar.  I have a number of IPTV channels under live TV, and as long as the feeds are up they have always worked fine.  Since the update however, the German news channel Tagesschau has stopped working (https://tagesschau.akamaized.net/hls/live/2020115/tagesschau/tagesschau_1/master.m3u8). The m3u link works fine under VLC. Other m3u links work find under Emby. Logs show "Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Unified.Ffmpeg.FfRunException" when I attempt to play. Anyone else seeing this?

---Scott---

OK, looking at the errors in the ffmpeg log, it looks like there's just no data in the stream, no?

SHibbard

I saw that too, and since all other IPTV channels I tried worked fine, I suspected the link was down.  However, if you plug that url into VLC - works fine???  I assume ffmpeg is also used by VLC?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, are you still having an issue with this?

SHibbard

Luke: yes! That one stream continues to not work on Emby since last update, but does in VLC. All other IPTV streams I’ve tried on Emby work. You find something?

—-Scott—-

We're looking into it. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
SHibbard

Hi Luke. Having any luck? Just updated to 4.8.4.0, still no joy on the IPTV stream above (but I didn't see any mention of ffmpeg in the release notes).

Hi, we're still looking into this. Thanks.