Playback stopped jumping the first episode of next season

YKEmbyMedia

YKEmbyMedia

Hi,

Something happened recently. After the last episode of season 1 finished playing, the first episode of the next season 2 is not automatically played. There's no Next button too. It was definitely working around a month ago.

You can try it simply going to the last episode while having another Season ahead - no Next button.

I'm using server 4.8.3.0 on Synology NAS

embyserver.txt

Edited by YKEmbyMedia
Added server version and log

jaycedk

What server version ?

And logs for devs. 

• Disagree 1

Hi there, how exactly did you start playing the episode? Have you configured next episode autoplay in the app settings?

YKEmbyMedia
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how exactly did you start playing the episode? Have you configured next episode autoplay in the app settings?

I think that's client app issue - I use Android version on Google Sheild device. In web in works OK.

Via Chrome I went to to the show, then Season 1, picked last episode and pressed Play. I saw Next button.

Then did the same in my TV - no Next button. And most linely playback wouldn't go to episode 1 of Season 2.

embyserver.txt

YKEmbyMedia
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes, autoplay is On.

Myantra
3 hours ago, YKEmbyMedia said:

I think that's client app issue - I use Android version on Google Sheild device. In web in works OK.

Via Chrome I went to to the show, then Season 1, picked last episode and pressed Play. I saw Next button.

Then did the same in my TV - no Next button. And most linely playback wouldn't go to episode 1 of Season 2.

embyserver.txt 118.64 kB · 0 downloads

I reported the same, and also use a Shield TV.  Autoplay and Next button work on episodes within the season, but playback stops at last episode of season, instead of going to next season.

YKEmbyMedia
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Hi,

This one works fine. Though it has no navigation buttons but at least it jumps to the next season. So the problem only with app for NVIDIA Shield.

• Like 1

kjcraw4d
On 4/3/2024 at 1:04 AM, YKEmbyMedia said:

Hi,

This one works fine. Though it has no navigation buttons but at least it jumps to the next season. So the problem only with app for NVIDIA Shield.

FWIW, I'm also having this same issue on both of my NVIDIA Shield Pros.  It used to work flawlessly until recently.  I'm using the Emby app that I downloaded from the Play Store for Android TV.  Really don't want to side load the standard Android app as I understand some features are missing that are in the Android TV app.