Emby Server IP Changed

Brecon

Brecon

Hi all, I was messing with my Emby server (Latest Beta Version)  on DSM 7.2 because i was having some DLNA issues on one of my Samsung TV's. To cut the story short, I entered my local IP address 192.168.1.1 in the 2 empty boxes where your meant to enter and external IP address. I saved it and restarted emby server. I think at this point I knew i had made a mistake, but too late. The server is running but of course I can't log in any more...and on emby web it just says "Forbidden" Is their anyway I can get back in and delete the 2 added IP address I entered. I am not use to linux and not sure what I can try. Has anyone got any suggestions. I could really kick myself now!

HI, you'll need to shutdown the server, locate the /config/system.xml file underneath the server data folder, and remove the values you entered.

Emby Server Data Folder

Brecon

Hi Luke and carlo, not sure what is happening but i have been replying to you today on the forum, but it doesnt show up. I am posting now from another computer. If this shows up I will post my original reply. Thanks guys

Brecon

OK so this seems to be working. Thank you Luke for the info and Carlo for the great tut. I read with great interest and managed as you can see in the attatched picture, to get to /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/config   where i can now see the system.xml file Luke wqas refering to. The troble now is i don't know how to access the line and change/delete it. Any pointers please 

IMG_1182.HEIC

Happy2Play
12 hours ago, Brecon said:

Hi Luke and carlo, not sure what is happening but i have been replying to you today on the forum, but it doesnt show up. I am posting now from another computer. If this shows up I will post my original reply. Thanks guys

OT:  @AbobaderI have seen this a couple times but would log out then back in to see the posts were actually there.

• Like 1

It seem some IP's range have problem, as the case here with @Brecon he used *.159 so got the problem as I see from the log.

ah, 2 members using same IP, so that it.

Brecon

Hello everyone, still trying to find a way to /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/config. I need to edit the line in there called system.xml. I don't know how to open and edit i. Luke mentioned i should delete the IP address i put in there. The server is running just locked out. Is their a speacial editor i need and how do i open up the line with system.xml and change it. Any help please. I miss my Emby and dont want to mess it up.

IMG_1183.JPG

@FrostBytemay have some tips on that.

Please note that if you have a windows machine on the network, you may have an easier time doing this from WinSCP.

Brecon

Thanks Luke, im using windows 11, so ill downdload winSCP but not sure how I will access that line "system.xml" and edit it to remove the IP address i added.

16 minutes ago, Brecon said:

Thanks Luke, im using windows 11, so ill downdload winSCP but not sure how I will access that line "system.xml" and edit it to remove the IP address i added.

With WinSCP you can just copy the system.xml over to your windows machine, edit it there, then transfer the updated version back over.

Brecon

Do you mean like a cut and paste? Is there a tuturiol for this Luke? Im lost at the editing part. Do i try to copycut the line, edit it and paste it back in?

23 minutes ago, Brecon said:

Do you mean like a cut and paste? Is there a tuturiol for this Luke? Im lost at the editing part. Do i try to copycut the line, edit it and paste it back in?

WinSCP gives you a drag and drop UI where you can transfer files easily from one side to the other.

Brecon

Thanks Luke, I will give it a try in a while and let you know how i got on. Thank you

FrostByte

WinSCP is a GUI almost like Windows Explorer but allows you to SSH into your NAS from Windows.  Most everything you can do in Explorer you can also do in WinSCP.

Brecon

Hi does anyone know how to allow to edit in winSCP,  I am trying to edit a file but it won't let me save it. Its like i need read/write privilages. Anyone know how?

FrostByte
3 minutes ago, Brecon said:

Hi does anyone know how to allow to edit in winSCP,  I am trying to edit a file but it won't let me save it. Its like i need read/write privilages. Anyone know how?

Use the guide Luke posted and you will be Super user and have all the permissions you need.

FrostByte

You have to be Super user though, just Admin without super user will not give you edit permissions you need.

FrostByte

I have to go out and feed the animals, but I'll check back later.

Brecon

Just trying to find where super user is done

FrostByte
27 minutes ago, Brecon said:

Just trying to find where super user is done

You probably skipped steps 2, 3, and 6.  Maybe some others.

FrostByte

I would suggest just following the whole guide step by step.  

• Like 1

Brecon

OK I have figured that part out now. so do i just delete the intire line x 2 with the ip address 192.168.1.1 which is the ip address i stupidly entered and saved in emby server

IMG_1195.JPG

Brecon

I appreciate all your help FrostByte