M3UTuner Plugin - What is it?

casminkey

casminkey

I've been messing with Live TV on and off but I noticed this plug in in the catalog. So I installed it and it doesn't seem like there's anything to configure, nothing seems to really change so.... What does this do? I've been able to add m3u files prior to installing this plug in. I couldn't really find any info for it.

casminkey

Thanks.

But Ive already added m3u files as a source many times without this plug in. It doesn't seem like anything has changed.

Hi, what do you mean "added as a source"? A source to what?

casminkey

As a source for Live TV. I've added m3u files and links as a Live TV source before the adding the plug-in, so that's why Im curious what the plug-in does. I installed it but nothing seems to have changed.

You need the plugin for it. It’s included with the server installation so you don’t have to do anything to install it

casminkey

Got it. If it's included with the server install, it should probably be removed from the Plugin Catalog... It's kind of misleading.

I appreciate the clarification!

• Disagree 1

jaycedk

Well if I don't need it right now, I uninstall it.

But where do I finde it.

If I need it, if its not in the catalog ?

• Disagree 1

casminkey
1 hour ago, jaycedk said:

Well if I don't need it right now, I uninstall it.

But where do I finde it.

If I need it, if its not in the catalog ?

I found it in the catalog but if I understand Luke correctly, it's also already pre-installed with the server install... so the plugin is redundant, I believe.

I thought it was going to add some added features to manage m3u sources.

2 hours ago, casminkey said:

I found it in the catalog but if I understand Luke correctly, it's also already pre-installed with the server install... so the plugin is redundant, I believe.

I thought it was going to add some added features to manage m3u sources.

It's not redundant. The plugin in the catalog is the same thing as what is included with the server. It's in the catalog in case you uninstall it and want to add it back.

casminkey

Then how could I install it from the catalog if it's already pre-installed?  Shouldn't it have already been marked as 'installed'?

2 hours ago, casminkey said:

Then how could I install it from the catalog if it's already pre-installed?  Shouldn't it have already been marked as 'installed'?

It is marked as installed, but it won't stop you from reinstalling it again on top of itself. You could also have uninstalled in the past and forgotten that you did that.