Problem with Skipping Intros Not Functioning

Hotomatua

Hotomatua

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue with my Emby setup. Here are the details:

• Emby Server Version: 4.8.3.0
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)

I maintain a library with mixed content, and all my files (mkv) have chapters containing both intro and outro segments.

Here's what I've attempted to resolve the problem:

• Under the "Playback" settings, I enabled the option to display the 'Skip Intro' button.
  • In the library settings under the Markers submenu, I configured it to run as a scheduled task whenever media is added.
  • Within the "Scheduled Tasks" menu, I set "Detect Episode Intros" to run every 15 minutes.

However, despite waiting for hours, I still haven't seen any changes, and the "Skip Intro" button remains elusive.

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example?  Do you have Emby Premiere? Thanks.

Hotomatua

Hi Luke no I don't have Emby Premiere,  I am very new to emby so please excuse the silly question do you mean examples of files that are in a mixed library? if yes

Expend4bles

4 hours ago, Hotomatua said:

Hi Luke no I don't have Emby Premiere,  I am very new to emby so please excuse the silly question do you mean examples of files that are in a mixed library? if yes

Expend4bles

By examples, I mean examples of "Skipping Intros Not Functioning".

But this feature requires Emby Premiere, so that explains why you're not seeing the button.