Excluding nodes

Seany70363

Seany70363

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to exclude certain nodes during a sync?

Specifically the "Live TV" dynamic node - because when I start Kodi, there is a delay of around 3mins before certain widgets (e.g. YouTube) will load on my home screen. This delay also prevents access to customising my home screen in skin settings (when I select "Configure home screen" nothing happens - then 3mins later when I am somewhere else, the window will suddenly appear)

I use an M3U/XML configured in IPTV Simple Client in Kodi for Live TV - therefore syncing this particular node is not required.

If I disable "Live TV" under "Feature access" on my account in Emby, the delay no longer occurs - so I am certain it is the "Live TV" node that is causing this. However this is not a solution as I require access to this when using Emby itself (via a Browser, App etc.)

I tried setting up a separate account in Emby (using the same Trakt account as my original account in order to keep watched statuses etc.) and syncing that instead - which does work to an extent, but does not have the same "Recently played" etc. ordering of content from my original account, so is not ideal.

Edited by Seany70363

quickmic

Not sure about your setup. Dynamic nodes are never loaded on start unless you integrated this node in your skin views. If so, it makes no sense to disable a dynamic node, just remove the node from your skin.

If you are talking about synced live TV which integrates Emby's TV into simpleIPTV in Kodi, the sync options are available in the simpleIPTV plugin. You can modify/disable them there e.g. EPG sync if you haven't any.

And if you have LiveTV synced, maybe the Emby EPG sync causes the delay (even disabled by simpleIPTV plugin).

Configure home screen is another topic... I come back to that as the situation is clear to me.

You see, a lots of questions...

Edited by quickmic

Seany70363

I believe you are correct in that it is not the dynamic node causing the delay, but the Live TV data being sync'd to the IPTV Simple Client.

Reason being, the delay is gone if I keep "Live TV" enabled under "Feature access" on my account in Emby - but disable the IPTV Simple Client add-on in Kodi.

It seems that my channels and EPG from Emby are being scanned at Kodi startup for some reason - even though the IPTV Simple Client is configured to use a separate, local M3U/EPG.

I have never performed a "Sync LiveTV" in the the "Manage Libraries" section of the Emby For Kodi Next Gen add-on - so I am not sure why this is happening?

After the delay, Kodi only shows channels and EPG data from my local M3U/EPG, not from Emby - so the 3min sync of Emby Live TV data is occurring for absolutely no reason.

Is it possible to somehow break this link between Emby and the IPTV Simple Client?

quickmic

Please send me a kodi debug log via PM for review. Yes quite sure the LiveTV sync caused that issue. It rebuilds the EPG database on start and I think that's what causes the issue. Btw, it's also not superfast in my setup, but iptvsimple has no option to trigger a EPG refresh without disable the plugin, rebuild the database and enable it.

That's exactly what the emby for kodi plugin does on start. I could add an option to disable it if you don't need EPG sync.

Seany70363

I did a bit of digging and found that Emby For Kodi Next Gen creates an M3U file in the below location containing my EPG data from Emby:
%appdata%\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\temp

It seems to do this if Live TV access is enabled on the relevant user account in Emby, and if the IPTV Simple Client add-on is enabled in Kodi. If either of these are disabled, there is no longer a delay.

This is not really necessary when using a custom M3U/EPG in Kodi - and I guess the delay would be longer when more channel/EPG data is present in Emby.

I tried various methods to try and stop this from happening - one that worked was to make the temp folder mentioned above read only, but this stopped my Movies and TV Shows from syncing. Setting just the M3U file to read only did not have any effect.

I did some searching in the addon-on directory for Emby For Kodi Next Gen and found a bunch of EPG related code in the following file:
%appdata%\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\database\library.py

... this line in particular caught my attention:
self.SyncLiveTVEPG()

After commenting out this line, the M3U is longer created, the delay is gone, my widets now load much quicker (10-20 seconds instead of ~3mins) and my libraries continue to sync normally.

I am happy with this fix but assume I will need to make it again whenever upgrading the Emby For Kodi Next Gen add-on. I am actually running v8.2.15 right now due to a few niggles with later releases (namely Music years not being sync'd and my mixed content libraries' folders/Movies/TV Shows being separated) so probably not an issue... at least for now!

• Like 1

quickmic

Well, the LiveTV sync was massiv improved by 9.X or higher.