Is DSM 7.2 "safe" to update to

simonselmer

simonselmer

Hi all

DSM 7.2 has been out for a while now, and I have read the update will not come automatically right, I have to download and install in manually.

I just want to hear if it's "safe" to update to DSM 7.2, meaning no known issue with Emby stabile 4.8.3?

I see there is a different Emby package for DSM 7.2, so what is the procedure here?
First install DSM 7.2 and then install the correct version of Emby afterwards? 

Is there anything I need to know or do, to NOT break Emby in upgradering til DSM 7.2?

Best Regards

MavericK96

I've been on DSM 7.2 for awhile now (DS920+), and no issues with Emby Server stable or beta releases.

Install DSM 7.2, then Emby will say something about not being supported by the current DSM, so you can then update the Emby Server app.

Tremas

I updated to 7.2 before upgrading emby to 4.8. No significant issues. emby is running as expected.

• Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have M2 drives setup as volumes vs cache drives following instructions from our forum you will see the drives didn't load correct after the update. As long as you setup the helper script set to run via the scheduler at startup you will be fine.  If you didn't setup the script to be reapplied on startup I'd set that up before doing the update. Again, only applies to systems using M2 drives for data volumes, vs cache drives.

Carlo

• Agree 1

Brecon

Working great, installed when it was available DS918+

Tremas
14 hours ago, Carlo said:

If you have M2 drives setup as volumes vs cache drives following instructions from our forum you will see the drives didn't load correct after the update. As long as you setup the helper script set to run via the scheduler at startup you will be fine.  If you didn't setup the script to be reapplied on startup I'd set that up before doing the update. Again, only applies to systems using M2 drives for data volumes, vs cache drives.

Carlo

Yes, this is exactly what I experienced. I lost my M2 drive on reboot, but recovered it right away once I corrected an issue with my scheduled task to run the helper script.  That was upgrading from 7.1.something to the latest 7.2 (I had skipped the last few DSM point releases figuring I would address all the administrative tasks of an emby update at the same time).

• Disagree 1

simonselmer

Hi all

Thank you for your input. I have now updated to 7.2 and then Emby to compatible versio, and yes, all worked perfect :)

• Thanks 1