Add purchased TV and Movies to Emby Library?

NorthDegree

NorthDegree

I figured out a way to add purchased shows (ie. Apple TV) to my emby library by simply creating folders without actual media content (show name and seasons) but is there a way to add purchased movies to emby library?  ( creating folders ie. Air Force One (2007) ) does not work

NorthDegree

that is interesting, do you happen to know if media purchased from iTunes or Google Play - are valid streaming methods for Emby?

Happy2Play

Not that I am aware of.  There are FR out there but really no way to integrate other provider platforms.

9 hours ago, NorthDegree said:

that is interesting, do you happen to know if media purchased from iTunes or Google Play - are valid streaming methods for Emby?

HI, do you have a copy of them as video files?

NorthDegree

Tx Luke, that is exactly what I am doing now.  just trying to figure out how to DL the lowest resolution so smaller file sizes then I am adding tags!

Darius

If you can access appletv with a web browser you could probably grab the link in the network tab of your browser dev tools or an extension like the stream detector download the content with yt-dlp and watch it on your machine.

Some would debate the legality of this but in my opinion there is no difference between that and people recording movies and shows on cassette tapes back then.

You should technically be free to record whatever is going on your screen at the moment. I just want to make sure I am not being an advocate for piracy here.