[xbox one] app freeze/crash upon resuming playback

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Emby Theater for xbox one v1.1.547.70

While media is playing, when I pause the stream, then resume; about 10 seconds after resuming the entire app freezes, with playback paused and no input being recognized.

If left alone long enough (around 2min) the app closes entirely, returning to the xbox dashboard. Or you can close it manually via the xbox sidebar.

This behavior is new with this version of the app.

dredd1963

Hi

Am been having the sim issue my self pressing  the a button pauses as normal ,but when I press to resume the picture moves a few frames and then stops.  Press the back button  to get out and press resume to play again. If I press the a button again the same happens again.

Also I don't know if this is related but if go to movies , press the 3 dots and then press collections button nothing happens it doesn't  select  at all so I can't  get the box sets to show.

Crestj

+1 on this issue. I read somewhere that Luke mentioned a new version in the works due for release shortly but no timelines.

On 3/18/2024 at 12:02 AM, darkassassin07 said:

Emby Theater for xbox one v1.1.547.70

While media is playing, when I pause the stream, then resume; about 10 seconds after resuming the entire app freezes, with playback paused and no input being recognized.

If left alone long enough (around 2min) the app closes entirely, returning to the xbox dashboard. Or you can close it manually via the xbox sidebar.

This behavior is new with this version of the app.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

darkassassin07

I did not attach a server log as there are no errors in it. This is not a server issue, but a client issue. 

Playback begins, the client sends its regular:

"2024-03-17 23:08:14.017 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://‌‍‍<host>/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress"

Playback progress posts; then it just stops when the client freezes. No errors or other information reported, it just stops sending requests to the server. Server sees nothing wrong.

There are no xbox one logs AFAIK.

When I get home in ~4hrs, I can restart the server and replicate this issue before PMing the log, but it's not useful.

• Disagree 1

darkassassin07
Posted (edited)

Logs and a step-by-step breakdown have been PM'd to you @Luke

As mentioned, no errors, the client just ghosts the server.

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Disagree 1

• 3 weeks later...

HI, our new app is coming soon, so stay tuned.