Two Monitors and a TV

Bert

My two story house is configured as such that you go up the stairs and there is a small landing with a built in desk.  I currently have two monitors here, my computer, 8 Bay NAS, three HD Homeruns, a amplified antenna splitter and my router.  It's a mess for a common area.  I am wanting to go into my attic and run cat 5 into the bedrooms (adjoining the landing).  

A thought crossed my mind that I could clean it up by moving the PC into the master bedroom and running HDMI back to the desk.  I am thinking I could then plug in my IR remote receiver for control in the bedroom and the result at the desk would be plugging in the monitors and having just a wireless mouse and keyboard.  My concern would be does anyone know if I can run Windows Media Center Full Screen on the TV and have the remote not interfere with the other two monitors?

Edit:  Never mind, tried it with the two monitors I have, not very usable.

Edited by Bert

Well, if someone tries to use the PC for something else while someone is watching something in WMC in the bedroom, you are going to steal focus from WMC and the remote will not work properly for them.

Yeah, I kind of figured that out testing with even two monitors.  Also Windows Media Center trapping the mouse is another obstacle.  I think I decided to move everything but the PC and the NAS over there.  Then I only need one CAT 5 from the wall to the computer and get rid of a lot of the rest of the mess into the TV Cabinet that's too small for my TV.  Actually got real lucky and the CAT 6 dropped right where an old cable tv box is first try....that never happens.

ebr, I know you are saying Xbox as extenders are going away, what are you replacing yours with?

I don't actively use any 360s as extenders.  I have two HTPCs (one NUC) and a Roku for the kids.  Then the kids have kindles with the android app and my son has his android phone and I have a windows phone with Scott's app.