emby-4.8.3.0 does not honor the article string settings - DSM 6.2.4

trumpy81
Go to solution Solved by trumpy81,

trumpy81

GDay all,

I installed Emby, setup the server and created several music libraries, only to realise that the sort order of the artists was not the way I like things to be.

I then edited /volume1/Emby/config/system.xml tried refreshing metadata for the entire library, but that failed, so I then deleted all libraries.

Screenshot2024-03-17172428.png.28c7037a296a5910cb6ff616aa9a7a84.png

After recreating the music libraries I am faced with the following artist sort order:

Screenshot2024-03-17172531.png.a129c4a9f4ee7c9fcf9384987c816258.png

As you can see in the image above, the sort order is not being honoured according to the settings in system.xml and nothing I have tried thus far has corrected the issue.

The display settings used in the above image are Albums > Album Artist (ascending, arrow pointing up).

If it is any consolation, I do not have this issue on my DS1813+ - DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 5 and Emby 4.8.3.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Setup:
DS1815+ - DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 7
Emby 4.8.3.0

Edited by trumpy81
Additional Info

• Solution
trumpy81

Nevermind, I found the solution to my issue.

Why does one always find the solution after posting the question? ... lol

I entered the library and chose to view by Artist. I then noticed that the Artists were also incorrectly sorted, according to the settings in system.xml.

I edited metadata for all Artists that started with 'the' and noticed that the sort order was already correctly set to 'The xxx'. I made no changes and simply saved the Artist metadata and that corrected the sort order of the Artists and the Albums.

It would be nice if this step was not required, but at least I'm a happy puppy now ... lol

Cheers

• Thanks 1