Default to "All Items" view in Collections?

Blam84

Blam84

On the Firestick, I have to click "all items" inside of my collections to switch to the card view that is a vertical list instead of horizontal.

Is there a way to make this default?

Hi.  You can install the standard Emby app from the Amazon store now and that will have the single view.

Blam84
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You can install the standard Emby app from the Amazon store now and that will have the single view.

I'm sorry, I don't really understand. I already have the Emby app installed on my Firestick. And I don't see any other version of the app when I search in the app store. 

8 hours ago, Blam84 said:

And I don't see any other version of the app when I search in the app store.

If you search for "Emby" you don't see either "Emby Mobile" or just "Emby" as an option?  Exactly which stick?

Blam84
4 hours ago, ebr said:

If you search for "Emby" you don't see either "Emby Mobile" or just "Emby" as an option?  Exactly which stick?

FireTV Stick 4K

And I don't see two choices. I just see one.

Blam84
2 hours ago, ebr said:

You don't see this?

image.png

I do see that. It lists Emby for fire TV as something I already own and is installed. When I select just the plain Emby app, my fire stick is not listed as a possible install option. I went further and delivered the plain Emby app to the cloud, and then manually synced and attempted to download the app, but all it does is open the already existing app.

Can you confirm for me where I will see the setting to have the "all items" view as the default? I want to make sure that is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow here.

9 hours ago, Blam84 said:

Can you confirm for me where I will see the setting to have the "all items" view as the default?

There is no setting in that app.  It just shows all items of a collection in one list.  Just like the web app.

9 hours ago, Blam84 said:

When I select just the plain Emby app, my fire stick is not listed as a possible install option

Is yours a fairly old one?

Blam84
8 hours ago, ebr said:

Is yours a fairly old one?

4k from 2018. I'll look into upgrading

On 3/18/2024 at 6:12 PM, Blam84 said:

4k from 2018. I'll look into upgrading

Please let us know how this goes. Thanks.