Running 2 servers from the same internet connection

donmega

donmega

Hi

I would like to know if its possible to have to 2 servers running at the same time from the same connection

I have my main server on a PC that is running when the PC is on

but I have a spare laptop which I would like to run 24/7, with different content to the other PC

I have setup the server on the laptop, and all is fine running on local network, i.e able to find at home

But the WAP address given (external connection) is the same as the PC, therefore when logging in I only find the content of the PC, rather than the laptop

is there anyway to change the laptop WAP address so that i can log onto it from outside my home.

please advise

pwhodges

You change the ports on the second installation, and forward those through the router (or you can just open different ports in the router but forward them to the ports you already use for your second server).  Then you specify the same WAN address but with the alternate ports when connecting from outside.

Paul

Q-Droid
50 minutes ago, est3ban129 said:

And how can secure connection with SSL in 2 ports ?

SSL is tied to domain names, not ports. You can have 1 or 10 ports behind the name and it doesn't matter. If you get the network configured right then SSL should fall into place.

If you want just one port, like 443 then you have to get into more complex setup behind the scenes.

Edited by Q-Droid
  • Agree 1

donmega

yes 

i have 2 working now

as stated in my previous message

thanka for help everyone

• Thanks 1