Screen Jumping in Edge/Chrome but not in Firefox when in fullscreen

Ladiesman0217

Ladiesman0217

This just started happening about a week ago.  When playing in the browsers I mentioned in the title, if you go to fullscreen mode the video jumps down and back up every 5 or 6 seconds or so. It only lasts for a few milliseconds but then it keeps happening over and over again.

I initially saw this in the Edge browser and then saw the same when I tried Chrome. I downloaded Firefox as it is the only browser out there that uses a different rendering engine and the issue is not present in Firefox.

I can provide logs if needed, but my setup is the latest Windows 11 build and the latest stable releases of Edge/Chrome/Firefox.

Thanks for all the continued support and everything for Emby!

Hi, that's strange. I'm not seeing this. Is it consistent for you?

Skyvandreren

Same here. Latest chrome. Consistent.  Only with hardware acceleration enabled in chrome browser setting.

Skyvandreren
27 minutes ago, Skyvandreren said:

Same here. Latest chrome. Consistent.  Only with hardware acceleration enabled in chrome browser setting.

Not consistant, but random interval

visproduction

Going full screen with browsers have had some design policies to protect against Spam pop-ups.  Search online for fullscreen error browser.  Perhaps some of this issue is built in to the browsers.  

Also related: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/144760-enable-disable-fullscreen-dropdown-microsoft-edge-chromium.html

Ladiesman0217

Yes, I am.  I tried recording the screen using a screen recorder, but ironically enough I couldn't reproduce the issue while the screen recorder was running.  Attaching a video shot from my phone that is recording the screen. You can see several times it happens in this short video.

One thing you could do is try toggling the browser's hardware acceleration. So for example if it's off then turn it on, and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...
Skyvandreren

Today I got he same problem while watching youtube on my laptop wich i rarely use. Found a fix that worked for me.

Chrome flags --> Choose ANGLE graphics backend --> choose openGL

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Skyvandreren said:

Today I got he same problem while watching youtube on my laptop wich i rarely use. Found a fix that worked for me.

Chrome flags --> Choose ANGLE graphics backend --> choose openGL

Thanks for sharing.

Ladiesman0217

I just tested that flag and setting it to OpenGL did not resolve the issue for me (Windows 11, Edge Browser).

• Thanks 1