Weird TP Link One Mesh issue

Ivanovyi

Ivanovyi

Hello,

My emby server is installed on a Windows 10 box and works over WiFi. I Have an Archer C80 as a main router and an RE215 as a satellite in a OneMesh configuration. 

The server connects to the network via the Satellite.

Windows, emby, and routers are all updated.

The issue: when I move through the house and my tablet changes from being connected to the router to the satellite. I lose connection to the Emby server (only the internet works). When I reconnect to the router it's all good. 

Reminder the server is connected to the satellite. 

Logs from this morning when it happened attached. 

Any ideas? 

embyserver.txt

Edited by Ivanovyi
Logs attached

Hello Ivanovyi,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, that's odd. Never heard of this. I have two tp-link mesh setups for testing and have never seen this. What makes you think you're losing connection to the server?

Ivanovyi

When I move rooms I monitor the Teher App. When my tablet connects to the satellite streaming stops after the buffer plays out and when I get taken to the select server screen. I try to reconnect and wake to no avail. The moment I reboot the satellite from the app and the tablet connects to the router I can connect again. 

To be fair I haven't tried this with another device (client) to see if it's a OneMesh issue or the Honour Tab 8. 

OK, are you able to try with another device?

Ivanovyi

I solved my problem by buying a mini PC and connecting it to the router with an ethernet cable. Il

I think the issue was that my old box was just too far from the main router and could only reach the satellite. It was too power hungry anyway and overkill for an emby serrver. 

She is on FB marketplace now :)

thanks for the help

• Thanks 1