Now Unable to use "Restrict Items With Tags" for Collections

shinedou

shinedou

In the recent past I was able to have Collections that have a certain tag restricted in Parental Controls for a specific user. Now I am unable to blocks Collections from showing for a user. Restrict Items With Tags does still works for individual items such as movies and shows.

I use the Bulky Editor plugin to add tags for collections. I have used these tags for a long while to restrict but now Parental Controls just ignore the Collections.

The reason I do this is I use the smart playlist plugin to create different collections for different users. 

I am currently on Version 4.8.3.0 and this has been an issue since getting 4.8.

Thanks for any insight.

Happy2Play

Yes as these virtual items are outside the scope of Parental Controls as empty Collection exist when all items are restricted also.

Pretty sure the devs are still looking at quirks like this.

shinedou

Just so I understand, are you saying this is a new issue that they are probably aware of? Because I know this used to work for me just as soon as a month or so ago.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, shinedou said:

Just so I understand, are you saying this is a new issue that they are probably aware of? Because I know this used to work for me just as soon as a month or so ago.

Yes it is a new issue in 4.8 that affects Collections, Genre, Tags and other area.

Most were identified by resticting content and still seeing Empty Collections, Tags, Genres.  But in you case blocking by tag on Collection just no longer works.

shinedou

OK, thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything specific about it. I will assume it is going to get corrected. 😉