Webclient - Any audio passthrough options I'm not seeing?

Stuza

Stuza

Hey all!  

I'm trying to get Atmos to passthrough but, can't see any options in the Webclient.  Options are there in Theater and passes through perfectly (soundbar says "Atmos") but, not obvious in the WebClient menus.  Am I being stoopid and not seeing them in an obvious place?

I'd rather use the Webclient for the RTX upscaler as AFAIK this isn't in the awesome Theater?

Windows 11/Opera.

Thanks!

Edited by Stuza
clarification

pwhodges

Where are you expecting the audio to go from the browser?  I use Opera in Windows 11, and the audio goes to the Windows sound setup, no option - in my case as simple surround, because that's what I have Windows setup to play.  In the past Opera has had problems even with simple surround, so I wouldn't be surprised if it still cannot handle anything more advanced.

It would be interesting to try in another browser.

Paul

Stuza

The options are just not there within the webclient to select which audio formats to pass-thru.  I just tried Edge, no different.  But, they're both Chromium based.  I don't know if the options are not there in either of these browsers because they are both Chromium based or, it's just not coded (yet?) but the Emby app team.

How I wish the Webclient (RTX) was merged with Theater (Atmos supporting).

The client I have on my LG C2 is perfect, but I can't monitor my PC when I'm supposed to be working lol

There’s no ability for web apps to control whether audio pass through happens or not. It’s an handled by the browser internally. No browsers currently support atmos.

Stuza

Thanks Luke. 

Any chance of RTX upscalling being put in to Theatre? 

I would think that comes from enabling hardware acceleration, no?

Stuza
8 hours ago, Luke said:

I would think that comes from enabling hardware acceleration, no?

Not according to my GPU usage. Big difference between running in browser and Theater. 

Stuza
On 3/15/2024 at 9:26 PM, pwhodges said:

Where are you expecting the audio to go from the browser?  I use Opera in Windows 11, and the audio goes to the Windows sound setup, no option - in my case as simple surround, because that's what I have Windows setup to play. 

Sorry, should have responded a better previously.

When "Pass through" is selected in an app the windows sound subsystems are almost not used, it literally passes through the bits n bytes without decoding them to the amp, in my case my Samsung which the passes through to the sound bar where  is FINALLY decoded.  Windows sound config should have little to nothing to do with it, it's dependant on your application, HDMI cable and amp support. 

pwhodges

As has already been said, browsers pass audio through to the default audio system (Windows Sound System in Windows), and the app running within the browser has no control over this.

Paul

• Thanks 1

Stuza
14 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

As has already been said, browsers pass audio through to the default audio system (Windows Sound System in Windows), and the app running within the browser has no control over this.

Paul

Sure. Just trying to help you understand how pass through works. 

• Thanks 1