Cant access Emby Server on SERVER machine

Nzzer0
Go to solution Solved by Nzzer0,

Nzzer0

Ive rebooted several times but I cant access the emby server on the server machine. The Emby tray icon is there. Cant even access it via Localhost (right clicking the tray icon).

In task manager there is no service that starts with "Emby .. " but I dont know what Im looking for.

Tried the usual searches for help, but that leads to lots of info on how to access from other machines, but cant find anything on troubleshooting local access. 

I hadnt been messing with any emby config settings just before it happened, the last thing I did was adding about 20 new libraries and lots of rescans. 

Nzzer0

hi

I cant access the UI to get the anonymised report. However I do think its running - I tried deleting the plugins from 
\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins and on starting the server they reappear, so that says to me that the server is running, I just cant access it. 
UNless theres another way of knowing? 

It says I shouldnt post the raw logs .. what do you need from the log?. Nothing looks unusual in there (no error codes or anything) ... version is Emby Server Version: 4.8.3.0

• Solution
Nzzer0

ahh I have a solution.

I decided to see if emby server would install twice on the same machine. So I ran the install app, it downloaded the software, but didnt do anything else - onec it had downloaded, the install app just closed itself and it just jumped straight to the (now working) server browser screen. 

My theory = The disk was pretty full before, so I think it got stuck doing an update which is why it stopped working - probably ran out of space downloading the update last time ... then when I downloaded the update again (without a  full disk) it 'unlocked' it. 

All my server settings are there, everything is as it was.

• Thanks 1

Hi, thanks for following up. Glad to hear you're back up and running.