emby 4.8.3 deleting folder.jpg from home video libraries

Statick

Statick

I just upgraded my synology emby from 4.7.14 to 4.8.3

the library scan has now started deleting occurances of "folder.jpg" from within home video libraries

I've set these icons myself because there's no scraper that will download such things for home videos, and the ones I've set look nicer than the random contents that emby chooses for a thumbnail when there's no folder.jpg given. so it's pretty annoying to watch them start disappearing, and random folder contents to be appearing on thumbnails instead of the things I've set up

this was not happening before the update

Edited by Statick

Hi, what makes you think the server is deleting your image files?

Statick
Posted (edited)

the files are disappearing as emby does automated library scans (watching for file changes and I copied a bunch of files into the library)

I shut emby down and the files stop disappearing, it'll be shut down for a couple of hours and no more files disappear

I start emby up again, I'm still copying files into the library so presumably it starts another automated library scan, and within minutes a couple more files have disappeared. I shut it down again and no more files disappear

there may be something more going on though, I've also found Emby eating up 3GB of RAM on a 6GB system, causing the whole system to become very slow and unresponsive until I shut down emby. something about the library scan is causing it to eat up RAM, it seems to be okay for about an hour and then it maxes out the RAM. this also never used to happen before the update, today has been a whole bunch of instability tbh

Edited by Statick

Statick

I've disabled automated scans and all these problems seem to have gone away. running manual library scan is giving no problems

Happy2Play
55 minutes ago, Statick said:

the files are disappearing as emby does automated library scans (watching for file changes and I copied a bunch of files into the library)

Sounds like folder misidentification but we need specific examples.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...