99 episodes are displayed correctly, but the series has 360 episodes

renefw
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

renefw

Hello,
I have a German series (telenovela). This consists of 2 seasons. The first season has 364 episodes and the second 281 episodes. I have numbered all episodes of season 1 from 01-264 and season 2 from 01-264. 99 episodes are displayed smoothly and correctly. From the 100th there are problems in the library at Emby. At the moment I only have the first season saved in one series directory and season 2 in a second one. For episodes 100 and 200, no metadata was detected and none was displayed. Episodes 101 to 199 are not shown at all. Episodes 201 to 299 are numbered 1-99 and are displayed as Season 2 and this, i.e. incorrect metadata. Where they appear in both the Season 1 and 2 folders. As a season, it was automatically made into season 2, even though it was all still season 1. Episodes 300-364 appear as Season 3 without metadata. However, without recognized metadata. Because they were automatically recognized as Season 3, which doesn't exist. Below they were numbered again from 1-64, followed by the file name 301-364, the title of the episode and the year. If I adjust the metadata manually and individually, the consequences are displayed correctly. However, with over 300 episodes, this is very time-consuming and tedious. It also doesn't help me that episodes 101 to 199 are not recognized at all. This would probably only work if I renamed them to, say, 401 to 499.

Is this a limitation of Emby to 99 episodes per season for series and that the third position is automatically used for the respective season numbering or what can I do to save myself the work of manually adjusting the episodes and so that all episodes are displayed correctly? I had previously saved this series as seasons 1 and 2 via Plex. All episodes from 1-364 were displayed and the appropriate metadata was also loaded?

I created several screenshots that I make available here. I also uploaded the logs.

Verliebt in Berlin 01.png

Verliebt in Berlin 02.png

Verliebt in Berlin 03.png

Verliebt in Berlin 04.png

Verliebt in Berlin 05.png

Verliebt in Berlin 06.png

Verliebt in Berlin 07.png

Verliebt in Berlin 08.png

Verliebt in Berlin 09.png

Verliebt in Berlin 10.png

embyserver (2).txt embyserver-63845894104.txt

• Solution
GrimReaper
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, renefw said:

This consists of 2 seasons. The first season has 364 episodes and the second 281 episodes. I have numbered all episodes of season 1 from 01-264 and season 2 from 01-264.

I would assume you've named Season 1 episodes from 01-364 and Season 2 episodes 01-281?

Anyway, although your naming convention is/should be supported:

Episode naming conventions

A number of naming conventions are supported:

• show name - S01E01 - Episode Name.ext
  • show name S01E01 Episode Name.ext
  • anything_s01e02.ext
  • anything_s1e2.ext
  • anything_s01.e02.ext
  • anything_s01_e02.ext
  • anything_1x02.ext
  • anything_102.ext
  • anything_1x02.ext
  • 02 Episode Name.ext
  • s01e02.ext
  • 1x02.ext

It is possible/likely that parser is not interpreting those correctly, I'd suggest adding Season identifier before episode number according above supported conventions, i.e. S01E211 or 01x211 or any other of your preference, Refresh metadata see how does that compare.

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

renefw

Many thanks for the quick response! Yes, I have named the first season episodes from 01-364 and the second season episodes from 01-281!

I'll try out your suggestion with the complete renaming and get back to you. That will probably be tomorrow. By the way, I have well over 100 series with thousands of episodes, which otherwise have significantly fewer than 99 episodes per season. These are all recognized and displayed correctly.

• Thanks 1

renefw

Thank you very much, the tip about renaming, for example S01E364 title (year), helped. So all episodes were displayed completely in the library with the corresponding correct metadata.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@Lukecan the KB be updated to note that episode number naming scheme only supports up to 99.  As beyond will need season identifier even though they are in a season folder.

02 Episode Name.ext

As say "101 episode.ext" will become Season 1 Episode 1.

TV Naming | Emby Documentation