Chromecast

j4ck4l

I wouldn't call it "in development" but we have looked at it.  Like all of these types of things (the X1 for instance) they are blocking out access to local content so, for it to be useful with us, we'd have to use some trickery.

• 2 weeks later...
TheShanMan

I so hope you'll be able to come up with the trickery needed, and enable this functionality on my chromecast! It really is the main reason I bought it in the first place. It's just been collecting dust while I wait for MB3 support! :)

darwindeeds

Google has given some hope that they are blocking local content as chromecast SDK is in beta and it could be opened up on public release. If that happens, I can assure you that iOS client would support it. I had some code written out on it already, before I hit the google block.

I would also love a Chromecast mb3 app.  However, in the interim, it would work to use the android mb3 client on a phone or tablet and then just cast that to the Chromecast? Right? No trickery involved?  I should try it sometime...

Don't think Chromcast using Chrom browser is yet available from mobile device, has to be Laptop or PC.

After Googling this is the result:

Heads up: casting from Chrome mobile isn’t currently supported

Edited by On2Go

• 2 weeks later...
Mark Anderson

I would also love a Chromecast mb3 app.  However, in the interim, it would work to use the android mb3 client on a phone or tablet and then just cast that to the Chromecast? Right? No trickery involved?  I should try it sometime...

Agreed, as long as chromecast support is added to the apps

• 2 months later...