PIN questions

sargenthp

sargenthp

Yeah...  I wasn't sure if that was an alternate method for sign-in. So I guess it works alright with Android TV, and Fire TV....  Once I logged out and back in.

Looks like Ruko version 4.1.15 seems to be acting up with this PIN method.

• Sometimes switching to Parents it will prompt for the password, and then it will show the screen if I want to enable to PIN.  If I say yes, it will make me enter the PIN again.
  • Sometimes it does remember that I have a PIN for Parents...  So if I go to "Switch to Parents" it prompts for the PIN, but if I want to exit the PIN screen and go back to Family...  I cannot.  Unlike if it prompts for the password for Parents I can just hit cancel and it will go back.
  • If for some reason the Parent user does not have the PIN enabled remembered...  At the login sometime I can go to Parents login without a password or PIN prompt.
  • If I have it set to "Remember the last login"... 
    • If I attempt to switch to Parents when it prompts for a pin and have failed attempts...  There is no way to get back to the Family user.  Without saying forgot my pin and going back into the app and then it will display the list of users to choose from.

Still hacking.

Edited by sargenthp

1 hour ago, sargenthp said:

If for some reason the Parent user does not have the PIN enabled remembered...  At the login sometime I can go to Parents login without a password or PIN prompt.

Hi.  Sorry, I didn't understand that statement.  Can you clarify?

1 hour ago, sargenthp said:

If I attempt to switch to Parents when it prompts for a pin and have failed attempts...  There is no way to get back to the Family user.  Without saying forgot my pin and going back into the app and then it will display the list of users to choose from.

Hi.  Pressing "Forgot my PIN" is the proper action there.

sargenthp
28 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Sorry, I didn't understand that statement.  Can you clarify?

I have found the Roku system will not always remember that I have the PIN enabled.  My account seems to be authenticated with my password, but it is not enforcing the PIN prompt.

3 hours ago, sargenthp said:

I have found the Roku system will not always remember that I have the PIN enabled.  My account seems to be authenticated with my password, but it is not enforcing the PIN prompt.

Hi, when is it not enforcing the pin prompt that you think it should be?

sargenthp

Well...  Maybe nevermind.  I cannot get it to do it again where I was able to login as Parents without a password or a PIN.  I will keep trying, and see I can get to happen again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sargenthp said:

Well...  Maybe nevermind.  I cannot get it to do it again where I was able to login as Parents without a password or a PIN.  I will keep trying, and see I can get to happen again.

Let us know how this goes. Thanks.