QuickSync (All?) Tone Mapping broken - Docker LXC w/ vGPU mapping

MavericK96

MavericK96

A lot going on here.  Took me forever to get HW transcoding working with this new Emby server I'm testing.  Using an Intel n305 mini-PC running Proxmox, running an unprivileged LXC and using vGPU to pass through the Intel iGPU to a Docker container running Emby (latest stable version 4.8.3.0).

Transcoding works great, I have both QuickSync and VAAPI to choose from and they both work.  However, if I engage QuickSync tone mapping, suddenly I get the output shown in the screenshot below.

Actually, if I try to run VAAPI tone mapping, it just does nothing - doesn't show that it's tone mapping at all in the Stats.  Video playback is still okay in that case.

I'm not sure what logs to include so I did both the Emby server and the FFMPEG transcode logs.

Any ideas?  I can of course just turn off tone mapping, but it seems preferable to have it on.

Thanks for any help.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 203927.png

embyserver (1).txt ffmpeg-transcode-ba1393fa-b5fa-43e9-a4ed-2d9f0395f68b_1.txt

Edited by MavericK96
Added VAAPI info

MavericK96

Okay, a bit more info about this.  I tried setting up an unprivileged Debian LXC and installing Emby straight on it rather than using Docker.  Same exact issue, VAAPI seems to work with tone mapping (assuming VAAPI transcoding is prioritized), but QuickSync gives the above.  Without tone mapping, QuickSync seems to work okay.

Is there some sort of limitation here I'm not understanding?