Emby App will not start on Samsung TV

Lucas6778

Lucas6778

I installed the app through the app store on the TV.  Install seamed to go well.  I clicked on the the app icon on the home screen.  The app starts to load and shows the Emby blue screen with logo.  After a couple seconds, a light blue web address appears to the right of the logo and a big white "got it" button appears  under the logo.  All I can do is click so I do and the page opens (http://emby.media).  I can "scroll" down with the remote but I have no curser and can not click anything.

I went to Emby on my PC and formatted a usb stick and installed the app to that per the instructions.  I plugged it into the back of the TV and it auto installed.  Everything seemed to go ok except that the icon image was noticeably missing.  I ran the app, it opened to the Emby blue screen with logo.  This time, no web address but I still got the "got it " button.  I click and got the same results.  HELP ME PLEASE!

HI there, what version number do you have installed? What model Samsung?

Lucas6778

The TV is a Samsung 65" Class CU7000B Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV, UN65CU7000BXZA.  The version number for the first install was whatever the version is on the samsung website (not sure).  The second install is whatever is at this address (again not sure but here is the address) https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/tizen/tizen.zip.

Sorry for the missing info, I was a little fed up last nigh...

Lucas6778

A little more info... The first time I installed the app on the TV, I think it said something about needing to update and that is when it popped up the web address and "got it" button.  I could not find a way to update from the TV so that's when I went to the PC and did the USB stick.  It's something like a 10GB stick formatted with FAT32 (not FAT16).  What else... O, I don't think I got the message to update until I opted to skip the code or pin or whatever it is to connect to my network and instead wanted to manually add the web address.  If I remember correctly, it didn't prompt me to update until after I had put in the web address.

Please let me know if you need anything else

Lucas6778

Not sure what happened but I just tried reinstalling the app on my TV and everything is working.  Thanks for taking the time to look into this.  I guess you scared away the ghost in the machine :)

• Thanks 1