Cant access server?

darrend69
Go to solution Solved by darkassassin07,

darrend69

Hi all, I signed up for premiere yesterday and everything was running, I was using the server around 1 hour ago and all was working, but I've just gone to use the Android app, and it wouldnt connect, I checked the server logs, but I cant see anything obvious, I've tried restarting the server without any joy. 
The server is running on Unraid inside Docker.

PS  —  I have the server logs here, but I'm not sure if any information in them shouldn't be posted on the open forum.
Thanks Darren

Hello darrend69,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

darrend69

I've managed to get into the server, I had to change the below ports from the system.xml 

<PublicPort>8096</PublicPort>
  <HttpServerPortNumber>8096</HttpServerPortNumber>

I had changed the server to run on 8095 instead of 8096; it looks like when I changed it in the UI, it didn't like it. The server is run on docker using 8095 and I access on 8095, so I expected I would have to change 8096 in the server UI to match?

• Solution
darkassassin07
Posted (edited)

If you're using docker, there's the port emby binds to in the container: that's what's in embys ui/system.xml

And then there's the port on the host that docker has been configured to forward to embys container. (this is in your docker run command '--publish 8096:8096' or in your compose file: 'ports: -8096:8096'. First half is the host port, second half is the container port)

You likely didn't change the docker setup, so <hostip>:8095 wasn't forwarded to the container. Though emby was listening to 8095 inside the container.

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 1

darrend69

I think I have found the issue. When I change the port to 8095 inside the Docker container config, it doesn't change the port on the custom Docker network, so Emby is still listening in 8096. 

Screenshot 2024-03-13 200815.png

• Thanks 1

darkassassin07

Kinda curious; what interface/container management tool is that?

Looking out for options. Reasonably new to docker myself; I've been managing things via command line/compose files.

darrend69

Hi mate, I’m using Unraid. It makes docker management really easy 👍

I tried a few other options first like portainer and proxmox but preferred unraid. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, darrend69 said:

I think I have found the issue. When I change the port to 8095 inside the Docker container config, it doesn't change the port on the custom Docker network, so Emby is still listening in 8096. 

Screenshot 2024-03-13 200815.png

Has this resolved your issue?

darrend69

Hi, the issue isnt resolved but its not an emby issue, the docker image I'm using doesn't allow me to change the container path. I will try another docker image. Can I back up my emby server and restore it again easily?

15 hours ago, darrend69 said:

Hi, the issue isnt resolved but its not an emby issue, the docker image I'm using doesn't allow me to change the container path. I will try another docker image. Can I back up my emby server and restore it again easily?

Yes.

Configuration Backup