Emby not able to access my folders under Windows 7

antonio75
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

antonio75

The latest Emby update is denying access to a folder I want to put in my library. Restarted the computer and now literally any folder on my entire computer I try to add get the attached error. Even tried disabling Windows firewall....nope same problem. Should  I uninstall and try reinstalling? 

emby1.jpg

Hello antonio75,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

HI, what folder are you trying to add? Are you able to enter the same folder path into the windows explorer address bar and have that work?

Gilgamesh_48

Since the title says Windows 7 I am not surprised you are having problems. All support ended for Windows 7 way back in 2020. You really need to get on a supported system. I am even concerned about my Windows 10 installations becoming unsupported, a few years from now, I would never run an OS as old and unsupported as Windows 7.
Note: my next upgrade may be to a Linux system as Linux has a LOT less overhead and is smoother overall. I do NOT recommend for everyone to do that mainly because Linux is not simple to use and there are a lot of little "gotchas" waiting in the wings to bite the unsuspecting.

Just get a decent computer, put a supported Windows system on it, Install Emby and you will be good to go, probably.

Windows 7 is a dyeing, nearly dead, OS and I believe its demise is well deserved.

antonio75
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, what folder are you trying to add? Are you able to enter the same folder path into the windows explorer address bar and have that work?

D:\media1

A local hard drive and it works fine typing it in explorer. 

It worked before and nothing changed except I had to do a PC restart, so wonder if the newest update tested everything thoroughly on all advertised supported OS's.  

antonio75
16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Since the title says Windows 7 I am not surprised you are having problems. All support ended for Windows 7 way back in 2020. You really need to get on a supported system. I am even concerned about my Windows 10 installations becoming unsupported, a few years from now, I would never run an OS as old and unsupported as Windows 7.
Note: my next upgrade may be to a Linux system as Linux has a LOT less overhead and is smoother overall. I do NOT recommend for everyone to do that mainly because Linux is not simple to use and there are a lot of little "gotchas" waiting in the wings to bite the unsuspecting.

Just get a decent computer, put a supported Windows system on it, Install Emby and you will be good to go, probably.

Windows 7 is a dyeing, nearly dead, OS and I believe its demise is well deserved.

True but it's still listed as supported. If this is the nail in the coffin, I might finally give in to one of the newer spy heavy windows. Outside of bluetooth support they don't have anything appealing to me though.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, antonio75 said:

True but it's still listed as supported. If this is the nail in the coffin, I might finally give in to one of the newer spy heavy windows. Outside of bluetooth support they don't have anything appealing to me though.

I can say yes Emby works on Windows 7 but as providers increase site security removing WEAK ciphers suite functionality for an accessing online info will stop working.

But this would be a first for a local drive not being seen.

Can you post the server log.

The trailers plugin sources has locked down their servers to exclude I believe all version 6.x.xxxx of Windows.  We begged TVDB to loosen the restictions for Windows 7 but is just a matter of time as new security standards come out.

20 minutes ago, antonio75 said:

D:\media1

A local hard drive and it works fine typing it in explorer. 

It worked before and nothing changed except I had to do a PC restart, so wonder if the newest update tested everything thoroughly on all advertised supported OS's.  

Are you sure that's what you typed in to the directory picker dialog?

Please attach the emby server log:

Thanks.

antonio75
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you sure that's what you typed in to the directory picker dialog?

Please attach the emby server log:

Thanks.

Yes I tried picking it and also copy and pasting. I messaged you the emby server log file

• Solution

Hi, looks like you were on the 4.9 beta channel and then rolled back to 4.8. This is not supported. You will either need to make a fresh start with 4.8 or go back up to the 4.9 beta channel.

• Agree 1

antonio75
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, looks like you were on the 4.9 beta channel and then rolled back to 4.8. This is not supported. You will either need to make a fresh start with 4.8 or go back up to the 4.9 beta channel.

Thank you for that, back in business. I have no idea how that happened.

• Thanks 1