How to merge the multiple peoples and remove unwanted peoples

kmh1616

kmh1616

There are duplicate peoples with the same name in the media library of Emby. How can I merge them? Additionally, some peoples have their associated media deleted from the media library, but the characters themselves cannot be removed, affecting the search results. How can I delete unwanted characters? The Emby server version is 4.8.3.0

QQ截图20240313025847.png

QQ截图20240313025914.png

QQ截图20240313025925.png

Hello kmh1616,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Happy2Play

No easy way as there is no merge options here.  I can only guess each has different provider information but would need to compare metadata for each.

I usually have to remove the media the person is in, do a full scan and readd to see if corrects the issue.

As for deleting unwanted characters on would have to edit the metadata for the media that character is in.  And probably lock that section to prevent providers from changing it but will no require manual addition if any new character is added.

kmh1616

I mean is how to delete people without any linked media. After all media was deleted, the people still exists in the search result.

Happy2Play
22 minutes ago, kmh1616 said:

I mean is how to delete people without any linked media. After all media was deleted, the people still exists in the search result.

Did you run a library scan?

But may need specific example.

Tested deleted a show that this actor was linked to.

Searched the actor and they appeared with no linked media (to be expected as full scan has not purged the database).

Did Library scan now person is no longer searchable.