Start over without loosing watched status?

SwanStream

12 hours ago, SwanStream said:

done the extract and no watched status updates.

Hi.  One possibility here could be that your items are not identified exactly the same way they were before.  How old is the watched data?  Was everything properly and automatically identified both prior to backup and after restore?

The watched data depends on the external provider ID(s) of the items.  

SwanStream

Well, @ebrI've been using Emby for 20{ish) years since way back in Mediabrowser 1.x or 2.x days... so it's all evolved over that time. It doesn't seem to be matching up, but seems like since I have nfo's for every file it should be reading id's/info from there. In any case, yes, automatic id both prior and since has been fine.

Seems to me the "sure" way to store that data would be in the nfo's for each item. Then it's a simple read operation, not a dependency on 'external' (and possibly evil😉) providers!

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

No sure here as I cleared the entire userdatas table and restore from backup.  

But since you only have so many db backups I would ensure you copy them so they don't get deleted.

I guess you would have to open the database and look at the userdatas table.

4 hours ago, SwanStream said:

Seems to me the "sure" way to store that data would be in the nfo's for each item

Nope because this data is also keyed to a (actually multiple) user id which will be database specific. 
with your items being so old, it is possible that they were originally first identified with one provider like say an IMDb ID and that is how the user data was stored but now it is getting first identified with a different provider like say TMDB ID and so they don’t match up. That is just one possibility for your symptoms.