Difference between "Latest Episodes" and "Recently Released Episodes"?

BMStroh

BMStroh

I have "Latest Media" as a home screen section to make it easy to get to recent additions to my TV library.  Lately I've noticed that new episodes showing up in "Continue Watching" don't always show up in "Latest Episodes."  When I use "Show All" and dive into that TV library, the "Recently Released Episodes" row shows everything I'd expect.  

So that leaves me with a few questions - what's the differece between "Latest Episodes" and "Recently Released Episodes"?  And how do I get "Recently Released Episodes" on the home screen if they're supposed to have different content?

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, BMStroh said:

"Latest Episodes"

Latest episodes that were added to your server - depending on your settings either by Date scanned into the library or File date. 

5 minutes ago, BMStroh said:

"Recently Released Episodes"

Exactly as it says, episodes that aired/streamed/were released recently. 

Edited by GrimReaper

BMStroh

My "Latest" row includes a show added overnight, one from yesterday, one from 2 days ago, skips one added 4 days ago, then moves on to a show with the most recent episode in January.

The skipped show has an air date 5 days ago.  File system date is 3/9.  So it seems like it should qualify for "Latest" at that point?

GrimReaper

You can check in that (or any) episode Edit metadata dialog what value you have under "Date Added" field and see whether it corresponds with what you're expecting to see. 

Also, check what is your Behaviour for new content set under Library>Advanced tab

Again, release date/Air date has no impact on Latest row, that is strictly your server (additions) driven. 

• Agree 1

BMStroh

Interesting - somehow the "Added" date in the metadata for that episode is 8/7/2003, which doesn't match the NFO, so I have no idea where it came from.

Happy2Play
41 minutes ago, BMStroh said:

Interesting - somehow the "Added" date in the metadata for that episode is 8/7/2003, which doesn't match the NFO, so I have no idea where it came from.

Would need specific examples of this mismatch assuming library is reading and writing nfo files.