Scan for new content repeatedly required

Kurosh

Kurosh

Hello,

With the latest Emby Server (4.8.3.0) and the latest Emby for Kodi NG addon, it appears to add new TV Show content and sync fine without any manual intervention. However whenever a single episode is deleted (i.e. it's been watched so I've deleted that episode) from a season folder, instead of just that episode disappearing from all the Kodi clients, no episodes appear whatsoever for that particular season. It "appears" as if all episodes have been deleted when this is not the case. The manual workaround is to highlight the TV Show and select 'Scan for new Content' to force a rescan and then the correct episodes appear within that season.

This only affects that particular season, other seasons appear unaffected. This appears to be a Kodi for NG client addon issue as I don't have to touch the server (e.g. library scan etc) to fix the issue. This is very repeatable. Surprised if this hasn't been noticed by others already?

For example...

1. Any given TV Show
  2. Season 1 with 6 episodes inside.
  3. I'll delete the first episode and then once sync'd in the Kodi clients, all episodes disappear.
  4. I'll then Scan for new content on that TV Show
  5. All 5 remaining episodes reappear.
Edited by Kurosh

quickmic

I tested this function couple of weeks ago, and had no issues.

Testcase/instructions? Did you test on a stock Kodi installation?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

13 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

Sorry, I didn't get to this, and I changed my setup to a working setup, so not sure the logs will tell you anything now.

I am having one other issue.  If I delete a single episode within a season, it makes other episodes disappear.  the files are still there, and I can 'repair' the library and they are back, but all the images/descriptions/etc of the remaining episodes are blank.

You are the 3rd person reporting that issue. All my tests didn't show any issues.

I need exact instructions how to trigger that issue. Also the stock Kodi skin must be used for a reproducible test case.

There are at least 3 ways how you can delete content (Kodi native delete function, delete after watched and delete via context menu) and countless ways were to trigger (which view/widget).

Also, and I can't stress this enough, delete function is risky!!!

I would never use it...

Disclaimer:

If you decide using the delete option, IT'S YOUR RISK!
If you are using fileops on Kodi, LOOK and VERIFY what Kodi is about to delete or modify. The affected folder is clearly shown in a Kodi popup message.

Worst case, an entire library could be deleted for your drive!!!

Frankly I never understood why people delete content via Kodi or Emby form there drives.

The proper way removing files from the drive is by deleting them via explorer/filebrowser and trigger rescan library in Emby.

Edited by quickmic

Kurosh

Hi,

I have never used Emby to delete media. As you suggest, this occurred by merely manually deleting in explorer/filebrowser and then seeing Kodi/Emby get all confused.

With all the instability, numerous factory resetting required and dubiously broad implementations breaking things outside of Emby, I've left Emby entirely. For our household and a few others I admin for. 

Wish you all the best and thanks for the work up until this point but it's Emby 4 Kodi has become way too cumbersome, bloated and unmanageable now. Jellyfin is far simpler & robust, the way Emby used to be.

quickmic
3 hours ago, Kurosh said:

Hi,

I have never used Emby to delete media. As you suggest, this occurred by merely manually deleting in explorer/filebrowser and then seeing Kodi/Emby get all confused.

With all the instability, numerous factory resetting required and dubiously broad implementations breaking things outside of Emby, I've left Emby entirely. For our household and a few others I admin for. 

Wish you all the best and thanks for the work up until this point but it's Emby 4 Kodi has become way too cumbersome, bloated and unmanageable now. Jellyfin is far simpler & robust, the way Emby used to be.

Ok, I thought you and @muzicman0 deleted content via Kodi and not via Emby server/rescan.

I'll check that too, however use any software you like.

Edited by quickmic