Info on screen when browsing a library

Checkoutside
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Checkoutside

I am putting this question here as for me I only have Android TV devices (TVs), so I am ONLY asking this about the Android TV/Android apps(used on a TV). When in, say, the Movies library, the info shown for each movie is very short and often does not show the whole title. I am going to attach 2 pics, one from Emby and one from Jellyfin. I am NOT saying Jellyfin is better but just using it as an example. On the Jellyfin pic notice the info that shows on top for each movie. All I am asking is if there is a setting or skin or whatever that would give the Emby screen more info, like the Jellyfin one. Again, NOT a knock on Emby, I prefer Emby or I would not bother with the question! Thanks for any help on this!

20240307_095454.jpg

20240307_095648.jpg

• Solution
GrimReaper

Click three-dots icon along right edge of the screen>Untick/deselect Show Titles. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Click three-dots icon along right edge of the screen>Untick/deselect Show Titles. 

Correct.  Please try this.

Checkoutside

I just tried the three-dot thing and that is much better. Now if it showed whether the movie was 4k, 1080p, or 720p that would be awesome! But as it is this will work! Thanks!

Checkoutside

Here is another interesting difference between the Android TV app (2.1.08) and the Android app (3.3.73), in the Android app, there is a list of options to have showing, which includes the resolution. This list is NOT available on the Android TV app. I really like having the resolution show. The thing is when you select NO options on the Android app you do NOT get the name or anything showing when browsing, as you do in the Android TV app.

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, Checkoutside said:

Here is another interesting difference between the Android TV app (2.1.08) and the Android app (3.3.73), in the Android app, there is a list of options to have showing, which includes the resolution. This list is NOT available on the Android TV app. I really like having the resolution show. The thing is when you select NO options on the Android app you do NOT get the name or anything showing when browsing, as you do in the Android TV app.

You can sideload standard Android app on your AndroidTV device and have same options.

Emby for Android - Emby

4 hours ago, Checkoutside said:

Now if it showed whether the movie was 4k, 1080p, or 720p that would be awesome!

Try turning on "Display extended media information" in the app display settings.

Checkoutside
Posted (edited)

I just tried this and will include a few pics, but near as I can tell, this does nothing! The pic with 12:55 in upper right (time) is with option off, the 12:56 time is with it on. I should mention this is with the latest stable server (WD) and the latest beta version of the AndroidTV app. 

20240312_125559.jpg

20240312_125656.jpg

Edited by Checkoutside

Checkoutside
22 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

You can sideload standard Android app on your AndroidTV device and have same options.

Emby for Android - Emby

If you look at the versions I listed, you will see I have BOTH the Android TV/ Android loaded. I go back and forth to test things like this. These were at the time the latest BETA versions of those apps.

Okay, that specific display may not show that information.  If you enter the detail screen for that item, you get badges for the resolution and audio format, correct?

Checkoutside
Posted (edited)

Yes that is correct. What I was hoping for was the resolution and audio format on the screen I showed, like is shown in the first post with the JF screen. But with the few tweaks mentioned here I can live with it for now. Thanks!

Edited by Checkoutside
  • Thanks 1