Emby sometimes repeats a caption line

Zelbinian

Zelbinian

About once every half an hour or so, I've noticed that Emby will not display the correct caption line, almost like it stutters. For example, let's say that there are three lines of caption that should be displayed in this order:

"Hello."
"How are you?"
"I'm fine."

Emby will do this instead:

"Hello."
"Hello."
"I'm fine."

If I pause, back up 5 seconds, and hit play again, it will display the captions correctly. I've been watching a show with captions and it's happened once or twice every episode. Those two pieces of evidence lead me to conclude that it's likely a problem with Emby, not the caption file.

Let me know what log files you might need in order to help figure this out.

I am running Emby Server 4.8.3.0 and watching on Brave 1.62.156.

Hi we’ll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

wibbada99

Hello, just wanted to say I have noticed this issue as well, but over the last 3 server versions.  4.8.3.0, 4.8.1.0, 4.8.0.80.  I never saw it happen in 4.7.14.0.

Exactly as the OP has described and it happens in anything I watch.

At first I noticed it during playback through chrome web browser in Windows so I dismissed it as a bug in web browser playback, but then I have started to notice it in playback on the Emby app on CCwGTV as well.

Its happens intermittently and like the OP says, if you rewind over the same scene, it doesnt happen again.  So it seems to be random as well.

Edit: just wanted to add that this is always using direct playback, not transcoding.  using SRT file

Edited by wibbada99
add info
  • Thanks 1

OK we'll take a look at it. Thanks.