Collections

Todd3835
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Todd3835

I had Emby running on Docker and my Portainer stuff got hosed, making it impossible to update Emby. I was on 4.7.13.0, and had backups. Apparently I can't use those backups on the latest version. So I'm building from scratch.

I'm now on 4.8.3.0, and importing my media. My Collections tab doesn't seem to be showing up on the home screen. Is there some way to enable it that I'm not seeing? Thanks!

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, Todd3835 said:

I had Emby running on Docker and my Portainer stuff got hosed, making it impossible to update Emby. I was on 4.7.13.0, and had backups. Apparently I can't use those backups on the latest version. So I'm building from scratch.

I'm now on 4.8.3.0, and importing my media. My Collections tab doesn't seem to be showing up on the home screen. Is there some way to enable it that I'm not seeing? Thanks!

You can wait for next release or add the library back manually as it was removed from new installs of 4.8 but devs is adding back.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Locutus64

I have the 4.9.0.9 beta and can confirm Colections library is back. I just noticed it and am very happy.

• Thanks 1

Todd3835
On 3/11/2024 at 11:04 AM, Locutus64 said:

I have the 4.9.0.9 beta and can confirm Colections library is back. I just noticed it and am very happy.

That's great. I'm on docker and honestly not great at it, but also not seeing that beta available yet for docker :(

Todd3835

Ok, I figured out how to load to a previous version. Does anyone know when the last version of Emby had Collections working? Tried 4.8.1 and also not showing up.....

• Solution
Happy2Play

It was removed in 4.8 for new installs so you would need 4.7.14.0.

But was readded in beta and should be ported to next 4.8 release.  Or can be readded via the api.

Todd3835
9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

It was removed in 4.8 for new installs so you would need 4.7.14.0.

But was readded in beta and should be ported to next 4.8 release.  Or can be readded via the api.

Could you tell me what beta release has it? I see 4.9.0.8 for Docker, and I know someone said it was fixed in 4.9.0.9. Just not seeing that build on the Linux server.io GitHub.

Locutus64
2 hours ago, Todd3835 said:

Could you tell me what beta release has it? I see 4.9.0.8 for Docker, and I know someone said it was fixed in 4.9.0.9. Just not seeing that build on the Linux server.io GitHub.

I'm the one that said it's back in the 49.0.9 beta, but I do not and never will use Docker.