Emby Theater (MS Store App) is constantly freezing.

kelly.clubb

kelly.clubb

So, I have started to encode videos to hevc h.265 and I've started having issues playing back videos in emby theater.  If I pull up a web browser and play the same item from there it will play with no issues.  I have tried playback from the stora app on multiple PC(s) and the issue persists on all of them.  Is there any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?  Both items are attempting to play direct.

Edited by kelly.clubb

Happy2Play

You will probably get better results from desktop version instead of store version as they are dependent on different players.

Emby Theater - Emby

kelly.clubb
Posted (edited)

I'll give this a shot. I used to have issues with the desktop app and then I went to the MS Store app awhile ago.  Will see if it has fixed things.

Edited by kelly.clubb
  • Thanks 1

MavericK96

I have the same problem with the Windows Store app.  It seems to be that it is trying to transcode instead of playing Direct, although my Emby server should be more than capable of transcoding, so I don't know why it keeps freezing.

Hi, we have a new windows app coming soon that will unify the two and combine the best of both, so stay tuned. Thanks.