Duplicate metadata and unable to update metadata

Skittle9860

Skittle9860

My setup is I installed Emby 4.8.1 on a Debian VM and the media is mounted via read-only NFS. The metadata is another NFS mount, but with read and write access. I have been having some issue with my previous VM, so I created another Debian VM and installed Emby and restored the config. I remounted the same media NFS with read-only and the NFS for metadata with read and write access.

The issue that I have now is the metadata almost doubled the size from 3.0GB to 5.3GB. When I clicked on a TV show and clicked on the network, every TV show is showing double with that network. If I go to My Media's TV Show then Networks, select the same network, the shows don't have double info. In addition, the Continue Watching section shows double the info.

Also, some of the TV shows like https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18936898/ and https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14986406/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3_tt_7_nm_1_q_bleac, Emby could not pull the info. I tried to enter the imdb number manually but Emby refused to update the metadata. These TV shows showing up as a folder icon instead of the posters, but it has the correct descriptions.

I upgraded to 8.4.3 and still no changes to the issues. The metadata still double the size of the original installation, the metadata for each TV show is still double, and still could not pull the metadata for some specific shows.

1. How can I reduce the metadata info back to its original size?
  2. Is there a way to fix the duplicate metadata?
  3. For the TV shows that are not getting any metadata, is there a way to fix this so that Emby can pull the metadata and posters needed?

Thanks

Edited by Skittle9860
added more info

Happy2Play

Specific examples are need and IMDB is not directly used in any way.  But yes their ids can potentially be used to query against TMDB, TVDB and OMDB.

1 need more info on why you thing stuff is doubled.

2 specific examples but if it is what I think per other topics of stuff showing multi-versioned when you only have one copy then odds are will require library rebuild.

3 still need specific examples along with server log for that example.

Happy2Play

Looks like some of the other topics were caused by plugins but you don't appear to have them.  But there are a few topics but still not something we have been able to reproduce.  

If you remove a Show that is duplicated and do a full scan and then readd it does the same thing happen?

Skittle9860

What do you mean when you said "remove a Show"?

I tried to "Remove Identification" from the 3-dots menu, it didn't work. I could still see the duplicate metadata. I cannot delete any media since my NFS for media is read-only.

Happy2Play
11 hours ago, Skittle9860 said:

I tried to "Remove Identification" from the 3-dots menu, it didn't work. I could still see the duplicate metadata. I cannot delete any media since my NFS for media is read-only.

Can you move it to a different location?  So move one show to a different folder outside of your configure Emby locations, do full library scan to clear the database, and move the show back.  Do you get duplicate?

Skittle9860
On 3/11/2024 at 5:55 PM, Happy2Play said:

Can you move it to a different location?  So move one show to a different folder outside of your configure Emby locations, do full library scan to clear the database, and move the show back.  Do you get duplicate?

I moved a TV show to a different location, so that Emby would not see it. I ran a full scan, then when I go back to where I see double metadata, it was not there anymore. I moved back the TV show to its original location. Ran the full scan again, and the double info shows up again. I repeated the process again, but this time, I deleted the metadata before moving the TV show to a different location. After moving the TV show back to its original location then with the full scan, the metadata doubles again.

On 3/11/2024 at 7:29 AM, Skittle9860 said:

Remove Identification does not equal "Remove Show". It simply removes the additional metadata but it won't make it disappear.

What you could try is removing all TV libraries from the server. Wait for the scan to finish after removing them, and then add them back.

Skittle9860
5 hours ago, Luke said:

What you could try is removing all TV libraries from the server. Wait for the scan to finish after removing them, and then add them back.

Like going to the "Library / click on ... / Remove" then run a full scan then add the Libraries again then full scan?

I just want to make sure I understand the task.

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, Skittle9860 said:

Like going to the "Library / click on ... / Remove" then run a full scan then add the Libraries again then full scan?

I just want to make sure I understand the task.

Yes that is what the Dev is suggesting.  As this will purge the database for all the content and allow it to be reimported correctly hopefully.

Skittle9860

I removed the TV shows library, and ran a full scan. I re-added the tv shows library and ran a full scan. Emby shows single metadata now. The issue now is the poster. It is about 80% has poster and the rest don't, but what they have is thumb and backdrop images only.

On 3/17/2024 at 1:07 PM, Skittle9860 said:

I removed the TV shows library, and ran a full scan. I re-added the tv shows library and ran a full scan. Emby shows single metadata now. The issue now is the poster. It is about 80% has poster and the rest don't, but what they have is thumb and backdrop images only.

Hi, did you try using the image editor to manually download an image for one of these series?