API call to force client(s) to clear their logo/icon cache?

BillOatman

BillOatman

Like the title says, is there an API call to force client(s) to clear their logo/icon cache?

Or failing that, is there any way to programmatically, via extern app or plugin, to force that?

8 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Like the title says, is there an API call to force client(s) to clear their logo/icon cache?

No, that's something only a client can do.

But Emby has all the right mechanisms on board to make sure that changed images are immediately reflected in all clients.
That you are asking this question might rather be an indication that you possibly did something that you shouldn't have done or should have done in a different way.
So how did you get into that situation in the first place?

BillOatman
1 hour ago, softworkz said:

No, that's something only a client can do.

But Emby has all the right mechanisms on board to make sure that changed images are immediately reflected in all clients.
That you are asking this question might rather be an indication that you possibly did something that you shouldn't have done or should have done in a different way.
So how did you get into that situation in the first place?

I don't think I broke anything :) . It's explained here.

Channel logos are meant to be something static - not dynamic. You can use the API to change channel logos, which is the same as when you would change them manually via Emby UI. Then, changes will show up in clients.

BillOatman
1 hour ago, softworkz said:

Channel logos are meant to be something static - not dynamic. You can use the API to change channel logos, which is the same as when you would change them manually via Emby UI. Then, changes will show up in clients.

Thanks.  I'll ask for a feature, client side probably, to optionally not cache the m3u logo like the other IPTV app I use (Tivimate). And/or a API call to reload the logos from the m3u like you mentioned without needing to do it stream by stream.  

Just try and change one of the images manually and it will show up in all clients.

This is not a matter of client-side caching. When you change the image at the server, the image URL changes and the clients load and show the new image.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

And/or a API call to reload the logos from the m3u like you mentioned without needing to do it stream by stream.

M3U reloading is like a channel scan and channel logos are not necessarily always or only coming from the M3U, so M3U reloading by the server will doesn't mean it will update the channel logos automatically.

What I meant is that you create a script (or plugin) which reads the M3U und uses existing Emby APIs Emby SDK RestAPI: ImageService to update the channel logos.

• Thanks 1

BillOatman
On 3/10/2024 at 7:24 PM, softworkz said:

M3U reloading is like a channel scan and channel logos are not necessarily always or only coming from the M3U, so M3U reloading by the server will doesn't mean it will update the channel logos automatically.

What I meant is that you create a script (or plugin) which reads the M3U und uses existing Emby APIs Emby SDK RestAPI: ImageService to update the channel logos.

Thanks man, I got the POC working today.  I'll post and make it open source when its done.

• Like 1