Shuffle movie genre includes tv shows?!

Simba89
Go to solution Solved by Simba89,

Simba89

Is there a way to fix it so that if I shuffle a movie genre, say for example horror and tv shows do not come up? When I shuffle a movie genre, tv shows from the same genre also come up in the shuffle which is extremely annoying. 
I've searched for people who have had this same problem and can't find it anywhere 

GrimReaper

Where do you shuffle genres from? Search>Genres results or Movie library>Genres? 

• Like 1

Simba89

I'll go into movies<genres<select genre (eg horror) and horror movies will play, mostly. Puss in boots played, that's a case of editing the metadata but tv shows are also playing twilight zone, x files, vampire diaries etc. 

Simba89
41 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Where do you shuffle genres from? Search>Genres results or Movie library>Genres? 

I'll go into movies<genres<select genre (eg horror) and horror movies will play, mostly. Puss in boots played, that's a case of editing the metadata but tv shows are also playing twilight zone, x files, vampire diaries etc. 

Happy2Play

Have you tested this same behavior in the web client?

But sounds like Shuffle is not honoring the parent library it was clicked in and pulling everything for that genre no matter library or content type.

• Solution
Simba89

On 3/10/2024 at 8:03 PM, Happy2Play said:

Have you tested this same behavior in the web client?

But sounds like Shuffle is not honoring the parent library it was clicked in and pulling everything for that genre no matter library or content type.

I think that's what was happening yes. The web client is much more efficient than the tv one. What I ended up having to do was go into everything tv shows included that had horror listed as a genre and remove that genre from its list. It was tedious as I had to do it to a lot of files but I can cope with tv shows not being stored by genre as I tend to work off collections & playlists. There may have been an easier way but this is what I ended up having to do myself to resolve the issue. 
it also allowed me to add horror to a few crime thrillers movies or action thrillers to expand the horror library tho. That was a plus. 

Hi, thanks for reporting .We'll take a look.