New install creates library but Emby doesn't see it

obo78
Go to solution Solved by obo78,

obo78

I have just installed Emby 4.8.3.0 on my new DS224+, having come over from a Qnap installation that i've used for many years.  I have created one library for music but it does not appear on the Home Settings screen or on the Home page.

1 -  created a shared folder - Music

2- I set permissions for emby internal user to R/W

image.png.93f5f43af3f532c16b5878fdbaeef730.png

3 - I set the library to the shared folder and it scanned for 40 minutes, apparently successful

image.png.883be3a8f2b535656c548531d0302b4a.png 

Here is the server log after the scan completed

embyserver.txt

However, the library does not appear on the Home Setting page under Library Order nor do any files appear on the Home page.

image.png.15a2a28e770f4ca86fe9c570badb4770.png

I'm obviously missing something here.  Anyy help will be greatly appreciated.

Happy2Play

You say a new install but is there users access restrictions applied?

obo78

I'm not sure what you mean by users access restrictions applied.  The internal emby user has full R/W for the shared folder as shown above, as does my login user xzygby under local users.  Is there something I've missed?

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, obo78 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by users access restrictions applied.  The internal emby user has full R/W for the shared folder as shown above, as does my login user xzygby under local users.  Is there something I've missed?

If never applied then no.  Emby Users-select the user

image.png.96912ba15f4f38814e77350ee0915780.png

obo78

Okay, thanks.  My Emby user has access to all libraries. We can check off that possibility.

Happy2Play

Minus say a browser cache issue that is the only setting to not show users configured libraries.

obo78

Not a browser cache issue.  I cleared the cache in Chrome and tried Emby in Firefox but the problem persists.

• Solution
obo78
Posted (edited)

Somehow my original Emby user is being denied access to the libraries.  I created a new Emby user with admin rights and when I switched the Music library appeared. I'll simply delete the original and use the new.

I'll load another library now and see how that goes.

Thanks, Happy2Play, for pointing me in the right direction!

Edited by obo78

Hi, did you check what libraries the user had access to? You shouldn't have had to create a new user.

obo78

This was the user who set up the installation with the usual admin rights.  It was the only user account on the new installation.  I deleted that account once the second user account was able to access the libraries so I can't go back and check again but I did check while troubleshooting and the manage server permission was checked.  The library was created by that user.

I've set up Emby installs four or five times now, both on NAS and Windows and never had the problem before. Happily, all is well now and it's humming along on the new NAS.

• Thanks 1