Problems after Kodi Update (20.4 to 20.5) (Playback not possible)

Vodalex
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

Vodalex

Hello! I am using CoreELEC with the Emby next gen addon and with Emby server installed on separate Hardware (Odroid M1)

After updating CoreELEC to version 20.5 I can see the movies with the progress bar but no cover anymore. but when I try to play them the system says it cannot start the playback.

How can I fix it without reinstalling Kodi completely?

Sincerely yours, Alexander

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Vodalex said:

Thank you for your answer!

Can you tell me how to grab it over SMB? I found a folder Logfiles and copied the log file from there. Is it of any use?

log-2024-03-11-17.07.46.zip 2.52 MB · 0 downloads

2024-03-09 22:13:24.680 T:4401  warning <general>: EMBY.hooks.webservice: Emby ServerId not found 8f65f46b9fd044a285052784152e5998

Did you try a factory reset?

quickmic
1 hour ago, Vodalex said:

Here another log..

I can try a factory reset of the addon if you tell me so..

kodi.log 63.47 kB · 0 downloads

This log looks clean to me, but yes try a factory reset. Obviously something is wrong in your setup. I hope you didn't try a KODI beta upgrade, and rolled back to KODI stable.

This will mess up your config and even a factory reset will not fix the issue.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

Vodalex

This is exactly what I did. Had a beta and now on 20.5 stable. Time to full reset of kodi! Thank you for this advice! Now I know why it is not working anymore!

• Solution
quickmic
22 minutes ago, Vodalex said:

This is exactly what I did. Had a beta and now on 20.5 stable. Time to full reset of kodi! Thank you for this advice! Now I know why it is not working anymore!

You need to stop Kodi, delete ...../userdata/Database/MyMusic*, ...../userdata/Database/MyVideo*, ...../userdata/Database/Textures*, ...../userdata/Database/Epg*, ...../userdata/Database/emby_* manually.

KEEP AddonsXX.db and ViewModesXX.db

Then start Kodi and perform a sync.

• Like 1

Vodalex

Thank you! This was the solution! I performed the steps and it fixed the problems. Now I see all the movies and can play them. Have a nice evening and thank you for your help!

• Like 1