4.8.x Backups Failing

scharbag

scharbag
28 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I am a little confused but would suggest the plugin cannot pause the database to back it up via your setup/system?  So in theory you can shutdown Emby and backup the database manually and reuse it correct.

Yeah, I can shutdown Emby and copy ll the config files to a new Docker and everything works.  I just dislike when things throw errors...

scharbag
On 17/03/2024 at 12:24, Happy2Play said:

I am a little confused but would suggest the plugin cannot pause the database to back it up via your setup/system?  So in theory you can shutdown Emby and backup the database manually and reuse it correct.

Likely yes - I can copy the /config folder to a new instance and it works fine.

BUUUUT - I would prefer if the backup system worked.

I have tried everything I can find on the forums for reseting DBs, verifying DB integrity, restoring DBs etc.  Nothing helps.

Dev system I do not care about - easy rebuild.  Prod system, I can easily rebuild but I want to keep play states.  For now, I am not too worried as I have a good Veeam history of the VM so recovery will not be too hard if something goes snaky.  Still, my OCD hates silly things like this.

Thanks for the help and suggestions to date.

That’s really odd. Are you sure the two dockers are configured identically?

scharbag
19 hours ago, Luke said:

That’s really odd. Are you sure the two dockers are configured identically?

I execute everything in a single docker compose file.  I have 2 different instances running and I have added a 3rd for testing (only changed the name and where the config files are stored).

The new testing one works FINE until I copy the config files from one of my production Emby dockers (containers are stopped during copy).  Then I get the backuop issues again.

Very strange, really annoying but not debilitating.

OK let us know if you find anything else. Thanks.