why is ffmpeg from emby built without bluray support?

sickplanet

Hi, to be honest, I don't recall the reasons for this from many years ago. Maybe at the time we first evaluated it, it wasn't very mature.

• Like 1

sickplanet
40 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, to be honest, I don't recall the reasons for this from many years ago. Maybe at the time we first evaluated it, it wasn't very mature.

hi, thank you for your kind reply. a few weeks back (i'm not a big fan of blu ray format or iso rips) i needed to play an iso rip of a 3D blu ray movie. i have one old smart tv with active 3d support and sometimes i want to watch 3d content at home. i put the .iso file and i also mounted .iso file to another folder in my library, they did show up normally but i could not play any of them. in logs i had some error from ffmpeg about the format.So as per ffmpeg forum instructions i aded the "bluray:" argument in the ffmpeg command using Diagnostics PlugIn. now ffmpeg gave me Invalid argument error. i tried the same command with the system's ffmpeg (i use linux) and it worked. that's how i got to this conclusion. there's any way to play 3d blu ray iso files, or maybe planned for future updates?

On 3/11/2024 at 4:29 PM, sickplanet said:

hi, thank you for your kind reply. a few weeks back (i'm not a big fan of blu ray format or iso rips) i needed to play an iso rip of a 3D blu ray movie. i have one old smart tv with active 3d support and sometimes i want to watch 3d content at home. i put the .iso file and i also mounted .iso file to another folder in my library, they did show up normally but i could not play any of them. in logs i had some error from ffmpeg about the format.So as per ffmpeg forum instructions i aded the "bluray:" argument in the ffmpeg command using Diagnostics PlugIn. now ffmpeg gave me Invalid argument error. i tried the same command with the system's ffmpeg (i use linux) and it worked. that's how i got to this conclusion. there's any way to play 3d blu ray iso files, or maybe planned for future updates?

It's certainly something could look at reevaluating, although obviously, when it comes to libbluray, licensing is also part of the equation.