No subtitles found

stevelamb121

stevelamb121

I have Emby installed through Docker and all has been fine apart from for some reason open subtitles will not find anything at all. I have another install directly on the Synology NAS (which I don't use this install much) but this finds subs fine with the same login details.

I can see this in the log.... Any idea why??

*** Error Report *** Version: 4.8.3.0 Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 Operating system: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build5) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #69057 SMP Mon Nov 13 14:19:30 CST 2023 Framework: .NET 6.0.25 OS/Process: x64/x64 Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 4 Data path: /config Application path: /system MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.SearchInternal(SubtitleSearchRequest request, Boolean useFilename, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.SearchSubtitles(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) Source: Emby.Server.Implementations TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log. Thanks.

Hi, can you try reconfiguring your open subtitles credentials?

stevelamb121

I can login to the website fine and have used the same password. I have changed my password to something else on the site then updated in emby and still get no subtitles found for anything. I've updated the password on my other instance directly installed on the NAS (not in docker) as that stopped working too but both just say no subtitles found

stevelamb121

When I say website above I'm referring to open subs so password/username is correct, like I say I changed the password on the site, updated in emby but still nothing 

roaku
3 minutes ago, stevelamb121 said:

When I say website above I'm referring to open subs so password/username is correct, like I say I changed the password on the site, updated in emby but still nothing 

The website will accept both email address and username for login, but only the username will work for login through the plugin/their api.

Are you using your opensubtitles.com username when setting credentials in the plugin configuration?

23 hours ago, stevelamb121 said:

Yep, using username

Can you try reconfiguring your opensubtitles credentials? Are you sure you entered them correctly?

stevelamb121

I'm using my username, tried with my existing password, didn't work, changed password on the open subs website, updated in emby. Still doesn't work.

Happy2Play
32 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you try reconfiguring your opensubtitles credentials? Are you sure you entered them correctly?

Does uninstalling plugin clear this database only info?  But I guess clearing the UI fields and hitting save does the same per my test.

Unless there is a platform variable here, I have not been able to reproduce an authentication issue with www.opensubtitles.com

stevelamb121

I've just tried clearing the user details, saved, re entered, saved.  no subs found.  Tried uninstall/reinstall of plugin. No subs found

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, stevelamb121 said:

I've just tried clearing the user details, saved, re entered, saved.  no subs found.  Tried uninstall/reinstall of plugin. No subs found

But are you getting Unauthorized error?

Happy2Play

Can you post a server log of a specific example now.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, stevelamb121 said:

So yes you are still unable to authenticate. 

But am out of ideas unless there is something specific with your username or password.  But would think if you can login to website then Emby should be able to send that same info.

2024-03-13 23:24:20.168 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login
2024-03-13 23:24:20.401 Error SubtitleManager: Error searching for subtitles on Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build5) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #69057 SMP Mon Nov 13 14:19:30 CST 2023
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.SearchInternal(SubtitleSearchRequest request, Boolean useFilename, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.SearchSubtitles(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2024-03-13 23:24:20.402 Debug Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to host2. Time: 493ms. GET http://host1:8314/emby/Items/1372830/RemoteSearch/Subtitles/en?MediaSourceId=dfb71c506ee2677fce679ba6f2be7983&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=377437ce-eeb1-45f9-b35e-d642d93bfbf1&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.3.0&X-Emby-Token=x_secret3_x&X-Emby-Language=en-gb

stevelamb121

Yeah. I'm have no clue. Details are correct. This install is running in docker. I have another instance running directly in Syno package center. And that's the same. Log attached. But username is exactly and password too

embyserver.txt

roaku

There was an issue at one point with certain characters in passwords tripping up the plugin's login to the .com api, but that was addressed months ago.

Maybe there are still some characters causing problems though.

Might be worth experimenting with the characters in your password, particularly if there are any 'special' ones involved.

Edited by roaku
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play

Yes even though both your systems are failing they both have different plugin versions also. .52 on 4.7 and .54 on 4.8

HI, please try reconfiguring your Open Subtitles credentials and see if that helps. Thanks.