subtitles not working

shadowfire36
Go to solution Solved by psicrime,

shadowfire36

I recentky updated my system and subtitiles no longer work . I have tried auto search and it doesnt find any , i have removed and re-installed the plug but still nothing .

I have even gone to download the files manually and they wont load either , even after i have matched the correct subtitle with the movie .

Not sure where to go now ,but i did make sure that I was able to edit the subtitles in the server menu as it effects all movies.

pwhodges

Are you using opensubtitles.org?  If so you need to change to opensubtitles.com.

Paul

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, shadowfire36 said:

I recentky updated my system and subtitiles no longer work . I have tried auto search and it doesnt find any , i have removed and re-installed the plug but still nothing .

I have even gone to download the files manually and they wont load either , even after i have matched the correct subtitle with the movie .

Not sure where to go now ,but i did make sure that I was able to edit the subtitles in the server menu as it effects all movies.

Also can you please provide a specific example of your issue?

Thanks.

shadowfire36
On 3/8/2024 at 9:11 AM, pwhodges said:

Are you using opensubtitles.org?  If so you need to change to opensubtitles.com.

Paul

i have accounts for both sites but when i click the link its opensubtitles.com. which i dont really see that as the problem as i have the actually file i grab from there and put in the folder and still wont show

shadowfire36
10 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Looks like something happened to your logs when you zipped them.  Can you repost.

image.thumb.png.62c6fa31f9a01d5d10a61235c3339eda.png

emby.zip

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, shadowfire36 said:

Looks like need to reapply your credentials.  But have to ensure you are using .com account if they are different.

024-03-10 10:44:26.342 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login
2024-03-10 10:44:27.018 Error SubtitleManager: Error searching for subtitles on Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: E:\Raiden\Emby\Emby Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
	Framework: .NET 6.0.27
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: E:/Raiden/Emby/Emby Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: E:\Raiden\Emby\Emby Server\programdata
	Application path: E:\Raiden\Emby\Emby Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.SearchInternal(SubtitleSearchRequest request, Boolean useFilename, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.SearchSubtitles(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

shadowfire36
Posted (edited)

its not lettingme change that info then i can click and type my info and its just flicker and says saved, but nothing changes , how do i manually edit the user name and password . It seems to me is that its not saving and updating rather than me entering it my user name and password are the same for both .org and .com . Ifi i login from the click to sign up my creditnals are fine when enetering to thtough the browser

Edited by shadowfire36

16 hours ago, shadowfire36 said:

its not lettingme change that info then i can click and type my info and its just flicker and says saved, but nothing changes , how do i manually edit the user name and password . It seems to me is that its not saving and updating rather than me entering it my user name and password are the same for both .org and .com . Ifi i login from the click to sign up my creditnals are fine when enetering to thtough the browser

Are you making sure to enter your username and not your email address?

psicrime

Yea i have the same problem. Im on asusstore Nas amd 4.2.7.RR41  running version 4.7.14.0 (the latest for that nas) and im using credentials from opensubtitle.com correctly. It worked for weeeks and suddenly it didnt anymore a few days ago.

here is my logs.

Besides this issue, in pluggins i cant look in the catalog anymore 2. it just keeps loading forever.  Mayb it is correlated.

embyserver (1).zip

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, psicrime said:

Yea i have the same problem. Im on asusstore Nas amd 4.2.7.RR41  running version 4.7.14.0 (the latest for that nas) and im using credentials from opensubtitle.com correctly. It worked for weeeks and suddenly it didnt anymore a few days ago.

here is my logs.

Besides this issue, in pluggins i cant look in the catalog anymore 2. it just keeps loading forever.  Mayb it is correlated.

embyserver (1).zip 9.02 kB · 1 download

You appear to have a network issue as you can't update plugins.  But don't know the actual changes for 1.0.52.0 to 1.0.54.0

2024-03-13 20:07:48.560 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out
2024-03-13 20:07:48.592 Error App: Error getting available plugin updates
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffdetect /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-asustor_{version}_arm64.apk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.9.119 (root@sw1-dailybuild) (gcc version 7.4.0 (crosstool-NG 1.24.0) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 4 03:15:31 CST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: arm64/arm64
	Runtime: volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /home/emby
	Application path: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out
	 ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 20 seconds elapsing.
	 ---> System.TimeoutException: A task was canceled.
	 ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.HandleFailure(Exception e, Boolean telemetryStarted, HttpResponseMessage response, CancellationTokenSource cts, CancellationToken cancellationToken, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 20 seconds elapsing.
	Source: System.Net.Http
	TargetSite: Void HandleFailure(System.Exception, Boolean, System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.HandleFailure(Exception e, Boolean telemetryStarted, HttpResponseMessage response, CancellationTokenSource cts, CancellationToken cancellationToken, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts)
	InnerException: System.TimeoutException: A task was canceled.
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2024-03-13 20:07:58.088 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out

Along with Connect

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://connect.emby.media/service/ServerAuthorizations?serverId=673385b6c2e1d60ba636145f2312b35e timed out

And OpenSubtitle

2024-03-13 20:12:26.762 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login timed out
2024-03-13 20:12:26.787 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffdetect /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-asustor_{version}_arm64.apk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.9.119 (root@sw1-dailybuild) (gcc version 7.4.0 (crosstool-NG 1.24.0) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 4 03:15:31 CST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: arm64/arm64
	Runtime: volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /home/emby
	Application path: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login timed out
	 ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 20 seconds elapsing.
	 ---> System.TimeoutException: A task was canceled.
	 ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
	   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<SearchSubtitles>b__3>d.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 20 seconds elapsing.
	Source: System.Net.Http
	TargetSite: Void HandleFailure(System.Exception, Boolean, System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource)
	InnerException: System.TimeoutException: A task was canceled.
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
	   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

psicrime

Ow yes i see it now. My problems are indd network related.  How strange. Ill have a look. Thanx for bringing me on the right track.

• Solution
psicrime

Adendum: 

My problem was my  vpn that crashed after an update of the nas, which made my Nas no longer b able to reach out to the wild web. After restart of the nas, it could do that again and the problem was solved, but it made my vpn settings no longer available and hidden. This was solves by an other update of the Nas wich made those settings available again.  The last stepps where not of influence of the emby problem btw. The restart solved that, but just wanted to made the solution of my Nas issue complete. 

thanx again.

• Thanks 2

shadowfire36
On 3/12/2024 at 3:41 PM, Luke said:

Are you making sure to enter your username and not your email address?

lol yes i checked my creds, im not an idiot(just ugly) ...but for real , it is not saving my creds when i hit save , it flicks once as its not writing tosave the information, i went back and lookd at my permissions or if i was i running a double instant but im not 

17 hours ago, shadowfire36 said:

lol yes i checked my creds, im not an idiot(just ugly) ...but for real , it is not saving my creds when i hit save , it flicks once as its not writing tosave the information, i went back and lookd at my permissions or if i was i running a double instant but im not 

Maybe try changing your password on opensubtitles.com and then reconfiguring in emby server. Please see if that helps.

shadowfire36
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Maybe try changing your password on opensubtitles.com and then reconfiguring in emby server. Please see if that helps.

I have already tried the password >> i even made a 2nd account with a another email...could you define reconfigure?  .. is there a file i can manually edit the user name and pass ? is it possible to delete a file and have recreate it? .. outside of rebuilding (which would take a long while) is there some other file to remove delte ro modify ?

just fyi , i added podnapisi and set it to autodownloads and it fails as well 

Edited by shadowfire36

Happy2Play

Not entirely sure where it is stored but is only accessible via the api now /System/Configuration/opensubtitles.

On 3/15/2024 at 12:35 AM, shadowfire36 said:

I have already tried the password >> i even made a 2nd account with a another email...could you define reconfigure?

Try entering it into the user interface again and clicking save, making sure to read the help text as it contains an important detail. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

shadowfire36

I have entered numerous times and click saves it doesnt save 

shadowfire36
On 3/10/2024 at 11:33 PM, Happy2Play said:

Looks like need to reapply your credentials.  But have to ensure you are using .com account if they are different.

024-03-10 10:44:26.342 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/login
2024-03-10 10:44:27.018 Error SubtitleManager: Error searching for subtitles on Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: E:\Raiden\Emby\Emby Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
	Framework: .NET 6.0.27
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: E:/Raiden/Emby/Emby Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: E:\Raiden\Emby\Emby Server\programdata
	Application path: E:\Raiden\Emby\Emby Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
	   at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.SearchInternal(SubtitleSearchRequest request, Boolean useFilename, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.SearchSubtitles(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

On 3/16/2024 at 12:39 AM, Luke said:

Try entering it into the user interface again and clicking save, making sure to read the help text as it contains an important detail. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

i have entered , clicked save numerous times over , it does not save brother

Happy2Play
53 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

Minus the api not liking your username/password I am not sure as that is it.  As this user info is recorded into Emby database.

On 3/17/2024 at 1:43 PM, shadowfire36 said:

Why do you think it doesn't save? Is it possible your browser autofill password feature is interfering? Can you try changing your opensubtitles.com password to something different?

• 3 weeks later...
drummy434
On 08/03/2024 at 15:11, pwhodges said:

Paul

this solved it, many thanks

• Thanks 1