The latest version 4.8.3 will write two versions

lick2023

lick2023

The latest version 4.8.3 will write two versions of the movie to the database, which is our responsibility, but there is only one version available

QQ截图20240308071125.jpg

lick2023

For now, not every part will be displayed repeatedly, some will be displayed repeatedly, I don't know what's going on?

Hi, a couple people have reported this .Please see my comments here as well as suggested actions to take:

Thanks.

lick2023
12 hours ago, Luke said:

您好,有几个人报告了此问题。请在此处查看我的评论以及建议采取的措施:

谢谢。

I have watched it, but the new movie I added is also repetitive. The one I just added today will still be repetitive!

QQ截图20240308202754.jpg

lick2023

This issue occurred after upgrading to 4.8.3, and the backend is constantly scanning. The previous data has been erased!

6 hours ago, lick2023 said:

I have watched it, but the new movie I added is also repetitive. The one I just added today will still be repetitive!

QQ截图20240308202754.jpg

Did you follow the suggestions that I mentioned?

lick2023
10 hours ago, Luke said:

您遵循我提到的建议了吗?

What do you mean by deleting the media library and re indexing? There are too many resources and it takes a lot of time. It takes 10 days and half a month to finish indexing!

lick2023

Is it necessary to upgrade to 4.8.3 and add all the libraries again? We already have them before. Why do we add them again? They are all duplicates, and the episodes are also duplicates!

Happy2Play

Unfortunately, once it has happened there is no easy way to fix it all the dev can try to do is identify the problem that caused it and fix it so it can't happen again.

So the question becomes how is this reproducible as it appears a hand full of users have this issue.

What version may it have originally occurred in?

There might be a database guru that knows a way to purge the duplicates.  But this assumes you have zero duplicate media (multi-versioning).  But still could have issue manually cleaning the already defective database.

I always have a full backup of my Emby programdata folder before any major release update.

Have you completed a normal library scan?

• 2 weeks later...
lick2023
On 2024/3/12 at AM2点51分, Luke said:

您是否已完成正常的图书馆扫描?

Why is this new version being scanned repeatedly every day? After scanning it once, it starts scanning the library again, causing TV series to be re scanned, deleted, re added, and started scanning again!

2 hours ago, lick2023 said:

Why is this new version being scanned repeatedly every day? After scanning it once, it starts scanning the library again, causing TV series to be re scanned, deleted, re added, and started scanning again!

Hi there, can you please provide an example?

Thanks.

lick2023
1 minute ago, Luke said:

您好,您能举个例子吗?

谢谢。

That's the theme. Movies and TV shows will be scanned repeatedly, and newly added folders may also be scanned repeatedly, resulting in two identical versions!

jaycedk

Log files is what is needed to see whats going on.

• Disagree 1