Emby is NOT good

sabwjawdjw

sabwjawdjw

Listen I have used plex, I have used jellyfin, I have used emby and emby is by far the ABSOLUTE WORST to try to connect to using android, fire stick, roku. THERE IS ZERO ABSOLUTELY ZERO connection tutorials on ANY of these devices. Because it is all connect by luck. It was my server provider who at least figured out the way to log in on roku. And yet they still laugh and cant tell me how to do it on anything else because all the documentation provided is WRONG! EMBY AS A PAYING CUSTOMER STEP YOUR GAME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sabwjawdjw

Plex is so easy to connect. Jellyfin just point to the server and enter login info. but EMBY nope you gotta cross a with c and z with y and get the square root of a+t=h its STUPID

sabwjawdjw

I believe emby is being uninstalled, installing JELLYFIN, and EMBY is losing a paying customer. I will be sure to voice my opinion in all my private tracker sites so others stop using it aswell. When Emby decides to get their act together and actually provide details and why shit dont work, i might, HUGE MIGHT, consider giving emby another chance. But honestly your setup, your documentation, everything, is all messed up. No way to run a business. 0 stars

arrbee99

Interesting and you might well be right, but specifics would help if there's any chance of devs improving things. Just a thought.

sabwjawdjw
Posted (edited)

okay specifics

fire tv, connects to server, but says username and password are invalid. I created 9 different login information and yet its always the same INVALID USERNAME AND PASSWORD, same on my android device.

Is there any documentation provided to help move past these obstacles? not a single one!

And the whole emby connect is so stupid and complicated it doesnt work right either. Does this app even really work with all of these? There is no documentation of it working, or not working for that matter. WHERE IS THE DOCUMENTATION that is PROVEN!

Edited by seanbuff
language

sabwjawdjw

Listen all seriousness, when even server provider techs cannot figure it out, you know there is a problem. Ultra.cc very populated server company and they can't even figure it out. And even said themselves there is little to NO documentation available. But yet Emby wants to charge its users? Why? Why charge users for something they can't even make simple documentation for.

Everyone I talk too, they guess. And we try multiple things, like with the roku. Until finally it connected. And when asked what steps to take in order people say "tap your heels and pray for a miracle" that really honestly says something about this company.

arrbee99

Sorry, I'm just an ordinary Emby user trying to get a few details, as thats what devs (usually) ask for, so just asking in the meantime...

Must be frustrating, but you're saying you got to log in to Emby on a Roku, but not on Android, using the same login details presumably ?

Can you log in to the server on a browser ? Is it one of those servers where you hire their hardware and install your server on that ?

sabwjawdjw

Browser I can login to, like mozilla firefox. I can login on roku, that i have created my OWN documentation too with SS of each and every step. Same with Web browser. I have created a tutorial with pictures for that too. But everything else connects to server, just refuses to accept username or password.

Tried uninstalling, reinstalling apps. I've tried restarting, upgrading/repair, and even uninstalled and reinstalled server, but SAME issue.

arrbee99

Again, don't have to listen too little old me, but if you get asked for logs, maybe you could check out how to send those. It might show Roku etc connected successfully and other devices didn't and why. If you want to you can look at the Emby Server Dashboard. Nesx to your server name click on the three dots and choose View Server Info -

ViewServerInfo.jpg.1ea223e9ec41d34d481fafc476c4a95f.jpg

and it'll say where the logs are stored. Then just attach the most recent one (probably embyserver.txt) to a post.

HI, is it possible you're trying to use your forum credentials in the android tv app? What credentials are you trying to login with? Where did they come from?

Q-Droid

There is a label on your little bottle with a date and how many refills you have left. There is also an RX number and a phone to call.

It's good practice to read those and call the number before you get to the last pill.

• Haha 3

rechigo

At any point during your creation of 9 different logins did it occur to you that there’s more than likely something else wrong with your installation and maybe trying something else would help? I can say after trying Jellyfin every 6 months or so, it is NOT more reliable than Emby, lacks several features Emby has, and there is no guarantee you will get support from them. Every time I’ve tried Jellyfin, its UIs have been inferior, there are always constant hiccups when transcoding, media scanning, etc. If you’re already having this much trouble getting Emby to work, I advise you stay far, far away from Jellyfin. Jellyfin is still a Beta (at best) piece of software that has a long ways to go.

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 1

sabwjawdjw

If you would have read up above you will see, i tried many different things. Still not working. So I went to jellyfin. Guess what? My bedroom tv connected to it using the fire stick, my living room got it by roku so i mean what gives? Emby would say invalid password or no known user when it was rejecting it. Yes I know how to create a user in the dashboard. YES i know how to set the password. YES i know how to enable disable libraries and all these other options. So I wasnt messing up there. I did 3 server resets, including a hard reset done my server tech(ultracc). same thing. I did the Upgrade/Repair option. same thing. I did an uninstall and reinstall, same thing. I even tried 1 movie file, and tried. same thing. IT DETECTED the server. BUT username and password was said to be invalid. ALTHOUGH that same username and password, worked on ROKU

sabwjawdjw
29 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

There is a label on your little bottle with a date and how many refills you have left. There is also an RX number and a phone to call.

It's good practice to read those and call the number before you get to the last pill.

THE ABSOLUTE best answer I have ever received from any kind of tech support. I LOVE YOU

• Thanks 1

RanmaCanada

Sounds like you bought a subscription to someone's pirated Emby server and you are expecting the community here to hold your hands because the person who sold you the sub refused to explain everything to you in the simpliest means possible as you are a complete, total utter moron.

@Lukeisn't buying/selling a sub to your server a violation of the terms?  They basically admit they bought it from ultra.cc which is a seedbox hosting company.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, RanmaCanada said:

They basically admit they bought it from ultra.cc which is a seedbox hosting company.

But these seedboxs allow you to install Emby so no it is not an issue, but it is not really on Emby to provide support for the issues users have on these hosted systems as whatbox.ca does the same thing.

• Thanks 1

TMCsw
36 minutes ago, RanmaCanada said:

you are a complete, total utter moron.

please stop these kind of reactions... @Abobader

DaOfficialRolex

@sabwjawdjwKinda funny I am actually gonna be moving away from Ultra.cc soon after my subscription is done this month. I think paying as much as I do for a personal media server/seedbox made no sense for my use case. That being said there are a lot of caveats to using Emby with Ultra and with Emby being the smaller development team. I think it more on Ultra team to document these issues for the users to be aware before they make choices on where they want to spend their money on media server applications. I have a Roku and a Shield Pro so I understand what you are going through. As for steps to workaround I can't help you there since my login has worked since I created it when I first created the seedbox.

EZEd

@Luke and/or ebr...as legitimate users of Emby, according to the published rules you have provided; are you or any of us (normal users) under any kind of obligation, liability or culpability to have to report on suspected illegal activity regarding these "pay to play" sites? If we have knowledge of a user admitting to using them? I'd hate for you to be forced out of business or for me to have to give up my right to ownership or operation of my personal server because some other party doesn't know that it's illegal to sell content to theirs.

Not that I would report, I just want to know what my legal, footing, standing and obligations are in this and other similar cases, if asked?

I am not a lawyer but, to my knowledge, you are not under any such obligation.

DaOfficialRolex
23 hours ago, EZEd said:

@Luke and/or ebr...as legitimate users of Emby, according to the published rules you have provided; are you or any of us (normal users) under any kind of obligation, liability or culpability to have to report on suspected illegal activity regarding these "pay to play" sites? If we have knowledge of a user admitting to using them? I'd hate for you to be forced out of business or for me to have to give up my right to ownership or operation of my personal server because some other party doesn't know that it's illegal to sell content to theirs.

Not that I would report, I just want to know what my legal, footing, standing and obligations are in this and other similar cases, if asked?

Not a lawyer, but I believe you have no obligation to do this. The problem would be for the Emby team I believe would be if they marketed their tool as means to do those things with. Which evidently they do not.