Is it safe to downgrade Emby 4.8.3 to 4.8.1?

Edrock200

Edrock200

I need to troubleshoot a file lock/increased scan time of ~1000% issue and want to rule out 4.8.3. Is there any harm in downgrading to 4.8.1? (To clarify, not saying it's 4.8.3, just trying to revert all recent changes for a baseline.)

Also in the 4.8.3 changelog I noticed it mentions a database backup change:

"Fix temp files from database backup process not being cleaned up"

Where are the settings for DB backups and where does it backup to? Thanks in advance. 

Where are the settings for DB backups and where does it backup to? Thanks in advance. 

Hi there, have you explored Backup & Restore in server settings?

Edrock200

Totally missed that. I will check that out. Thank you. Is it safe to downgrade from 4.8.3 to 4.8.1?

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Edrock200 said:

Totally missed that. I will check that out. Thank you. Is it safe to downgrade from 4.8.3 to 4.8.1?

There are no database changes.  Only quicks should be fixed defect to previous version.

There's no way going from 4.8.1 to 4.8.3 would cause any major issue. It is surgical bug fixes only. I can assure you that whatever you think is going on is almost certainly related to something else.

Edrock200

So, only change that I can tell is, 4.8.3 seems to be writing/side loading nfo files next to every episode file, even though I have nfo reader enabled, but nfo savers disabled. Is this expected behavior? I do have bifs set to side load if that matters. 

38 minutes ago, Edrock200 said:

So, only change that I can tell is, 4.8.3 seems to be writing/side loading nfo files next to every episode file, even though I have nfo reader enabled, but nfo savers disabled. Is this expected behavior? I do have bifs set to side load if that matters. 

Hi, no, it won’t write nfo files if it’s not enabled.

Edrock200

Hmm interesting. I will do some more digging to see where these are coming from. Thank you. 

Hi, please let us know what you find. Thanks.

Edrock200
On 3/17/2024 at 4:09 PM, Luke said:

Hi, please let us know what you find. Thanks.

Haven't been able to determine what's generating the nfos. Will shutdown components one by one to narrow. However did figure out the slow scanning. I enabled the new local metadata caching feature. I have bif thumbnail previews side loaded with the media, I didn't realize this feature will pull all the bifs down locally as well.