Put letters back on the side of media screen

Beav
Go to solution Solved by Ronstang,

Beav

After recent updates, I noticed that the list of letters on the left side of the "Movies" screen is missing. This allowed me to jump down the alphabet to find the movies starting with the letter in question. Can we please have that feature returned?

Thank you.

GrimReaper

Which client app? Alpha-picker hasn't been removed, but there have been some users reporting it missing in certain browsers. 

Edited by GrimReaper

• Solution
Ronstang

In the app, are you sure you have the library sorted by "Title" and not something else?  The "alphabet" only shows up in the margin if you are sorted on "Title".

• Thanks 1

Gilgamesh_48
6 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Which client app? Alpha-picker hasn't been removed, but there have been some users reporting it missing in certain browsers. 

For a feature that has not been removed the alphapicker sure has problems. I have not see an alphapicker in my photo library when displaying photos for well over a year. 

But Emby does not seem to even acknowledge that there is a problem. 

Emby's support is great, if they believe you, but they often subtly believe users are lying so they do not fix or even believe many problems. It is like some problems fall outside their belief system and they just can't handle the fact that there are bugs in many of the basic operations. The problems with the alphapicker are just one example of Emby hiding their collective heads in the sand. (Yes, I know ostriches do not really hide their heads in the sand or anything else for that matter.) 

25 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

For a feature that has not been removed the alphapicker sure has problems. I have not see an alphapicker in my photo library when displaying photos for well over a year. 

But Emby does not seem to even acknowledge that there is a problem. 

Emby's support is great, if they believe you, but they often subtly believe users are lying so they do not fix or even believe many problems. It is like some problems fall outside their belief system and they just can't handle the fact that there are bugs in many of the basic operations. The problems with the alphapicker are just one example of Emby hiding their collective heads in the sand. (Yes, I know ostriches do not really hide their heads in the sand or anything else for that matter.) 

Do photo apps typically have a-z pickers? 

Gilgamesh_48
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

As you should know, they do and all of Emby's photo displays had them up to sometime in the last cycle when they either failed or were removed. After that point no alpha picker appears in "photos" display but it does appear when viewed by "folder." However in folder view the photos do not work past about the 5-600th photos. That is when I click on the photo I get a message "photo not found" but in "photo" view the same photo does display.

Photos have been screwed up for some time and I have made virtually this same set of posts at least 5 times and NOTHING gets done. 

I guess i should be happy that photos works at all but I cannot make myself feel happy about a broken app.

17 hours ago, Luke said:

Most of them have date-based pickers in my experience.