Ios App - Downloaded video delete issue/Bug

Bobjtx

Bobjtx

I purchased the EMBY premiere option today to use the download video feature for an upcoming trip.  In testing this out, it appears the offline / download features do not work well when the ipad is not connected to wifi (i.e. “offline”).  I was able to download some videos, both tv episodes and movies.  However, when wifi is disabled, as when traveling away from home I can play the videos, but:

1. “Remove downloaded video does not work until I reconnect to my EMBY server.

2. When offline, the IOS app under “manage downloads” would say there were no videos downloaded, even though they are there and I can play them.  Since it doesn’t show any videos are downloaded, I can not select the downloaded videos for removal.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the disabled features for non-premier memberships?  Once I reconnect to the server (which has a premiere key), removing downloads from the ios app again works.  When traveling I would like to delete/remove videos after I have finished watching them, to free up memory.   Has anyone else found a workaround for this issue?

Thanks.

Edited by Bobjtx
Clarification.

• 4 weeks later...