is emby premiere required emby for android tv ?

mark asaad

mark asaad

i wanna get a tv box 

do i need emby premiere to playback using any device ?

thx in advance

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, mark asaad said:

do i need emby premiere to playback using any device ?

For Full playback, you'd either need active Premiere subscription or App unlock (one time payment). 

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

• Like 1

GrimReaper

On your TV? If in TV mode, active Premiere subscription is also required. 

Hi.  Please see the feature matrix posted above and let us know if this answers all your questions.

Thanks.

Blam84

Just in case anyone else has my question related to the OP question:

How exactly do I pay for this one time app unlock fee? Where are the instructions to make this payment? All I'm getting is continual warnings with no instructions for how/where to pay.

hthgihwaymonk
1 hour ago, Blam84 said:

Just in case anyone else has my question related to the OP question:

How exactly do I pay for this one time app unlock fee? Where are the instructions to make this payment? All I'm getting is continual warnings with no instructions for how/where to pay.

which device/emby app are you using ?
most of the time you can tap/click on your user icon in the upper right, and there should be an "unlock" option in the menu that is displayed

Edited by hthgihwaymonk

Blam84
On 3/8/2024 at 1:20 AM, hthgihwaymonk said:

which device/emby app are you using ?
most of the time you can tap/click on your user icon in the upper right, and there should be an "unlock" option in the menu that is displayed

That was it! Boy does it make sense for the incessant warning to tell the user that. Thanks for filling in that gap!

16 hours ago, Blam84 said:

Boy does it make sense for the incessant warning to tell the user that

Hi.  When you attempt playback, it should take you right to the purchase screen...

Blam84
14 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  When you attempt playback, it should take you right to the purchase screen...

It does not do that. All it did was flash the warning, every time I opened the app. I did not wait until the free option expired, so I'm not sure if it would have taken me automatically there at that point. But prior to the free period expiring, the warning message did not tell me where to go to make the purchase, or take me there automatically.

10 hours ago, Blam84 said:

I did not wait until the free option expired

Ah, okay, that's why - so everything was still working fine at that point.  As soon as it expired, any attempt to play something would have taken you right to the purchase screen.

Thanks.

Blam84
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Ah, okay, that's why - so everything was still working fine at that point.  As soon as it expired, any attempt to play something would have taken you right to the purchase screen.

Thanks.

Just my two cents: I get why the banner is annoying (you want people to pay). But I wanted to subscribe SO THAT it would go away. Providing some info on how to purchase the App that is clear might help increase the people who pay. Again, just a thought.

• Thanks 1

quickett

I have Android TV app unlock which has been working fine on Sony TV and Firesticks. Just got a new Shield Pro, but it is not recognizing and prompts for Premiere?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, quickett said:

I have Android TV app unlock which has been working fine on Sony TV and Firesticks. Just got a new Shield Pro, but it is not recognizing and prompts for Premiere?

Have you tried Restoring Unlock? Are you logged on your Shield with the same Google account you've made purchase from? 

quickett

Not sure how to restore unlock, and yes logged into same account purchase was made under. 

quickett

Ok, figured it out. Shield installed emby for Android. Installed Emby for Android TV and all is well with the world again. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1