EMBY vs PLEX.. the pros and cons

chrisrobbins1970

chrisrobbins1970

I have made the jump from PLEX to EMBY a little over a week ago and here are my HONSETY opinions...

PROS:

1). Emby just WORKS. Haven't gotten any playbackerrors and neither has the few remote users. 4K movies will play without playbeck errors.

Movies that I had transcoding on plex are direct play on emby

2). Extremely customizable

3.) USER setups, no need of invites or people creating accounts

4). Updates had two so far and nothing broke

5). The SKIP INTRO is aesome

6). A big shout out to LUKE on this forums. He has answered all my questions with in a short amount of time. Might be the BIGGEST PRO that I forgot to list.

CONS: (minor)

1). For me there is NO standalone music player for my android like PLEXAMP

2). On the ROKU the scrolling through movies; the alphgbet on the side going from # - Z freezes. Have to go from #-M, then from M-Z.

Do hope they get this worked on. Only happens with movies. On plex there is no issies going from #-Z.

3). Not all movies have TRAILERS; have to add them on my own. Plex had trailers for ALL the movies

4). No theme songs on TV series, again have to add them on my own. Plex had them songs for ALL TV Series

All in all..I'd advise anyone who is tired of the PLEX updates breaking something or Plex going the way of streaming serivce to switch to Emby..

NOW if I can ALL my remot users to install the apps and use it......

Edited by chrisrobbins1970

chrisrobbins1970

I'll give it a try.

thank you

polaris70
1 hour ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

I have made the jump from PLEX to EMBY a little over a week ago and here are my HONSETY opinions...

PROS:

1). Emby just WORKS. Haven't gotten any playbackerrors and neither has the few remote users. 4K movies will play without playbeck errors.

Movies that I had transcoding on plex are direct play on emby

2). Extremely customizable

3.) USER setups, no need of invites or people creating accounts

4). Updates had two so far and nothing broke

5). The SKIP INTRO is aesome

CONS: (minor)

1). For me there is NO standalone music player for my android like PLEXAMP

2). On the ROKU the scrolling through movies; the alphgbet on the side going from # - Z freezes. Have to go from #-M, then from M-Z.

Do hope they get this worked on. Only happens with movies. On plex there is no issies going from #-Z.

3). Not all movies have TRAILERS; have to add them on my own. Plex had trailers for ALL the movies

4). No theme songs on TV series, again have to add them on my own. Plex had them songs for ALL TV Series

All in all..I'd advise anyone who is tired of the PLEX updates breaking something or Plex going the way of streaming serivce to switch to Emby..

NOW if I can ALL my remot users to install the apps and use it......

I agreed with you 100% since I was from Plex. The one more PRO is from Emby I found is this Emby Forum with their devs support are great, especially is Luke. Hope Emby keeps it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chrisrobbins1970

you are absolutley right..I edited my comment to add that...

• Thanks 1